Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.
  3. Apologies for enabling the dark skin as the forum default. This was unintentional and the light theme that we've been using for the last couple of years will remain the default.

For anyone who hasn't noticed:
    We've enabled a dark skin on the forums called Keen Software House - Dark. It's not perfect but it gets the job done for anyone who doesn't enjoy white backgrounds. Go to your preferences page https://forum.keenswh.com/account/preferences or click the skin name at the bottom left of any forum page to switch

Mod download failed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sebastian Krieg, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Sebastian Krieg

Hello KeenSW,

I have the issue that mod downloads are failed with the message "Mod download failed. Please check them in the world preferences." (retranslation from German). The game also doesnt check the downloaded mods during loading the savegame but in the mod window the check for new mods works.

I have checked the game files by Steam and there were no errors.

Is there a log which contains the messages of mod checking and download?

Greetings

Sebastian

2. Sir_Moodz

Have you looked at the enabled mods of the save? There might be a problem with one of the mods, the window might give you more information.

3. Sebastian Krieg

Thanks, I test it. I have a recent list of mods with these loads the savegame without error but always without checking the recent mods. The error message is displayed when I add new mods and try to download it.

4. Sir_Moodz

Not sure what could cause that, one of the developers that can see when that error message is triggered might help you more.

I tried replicating it, but when I run in offline mode or unplug my internet it does not give me that message. It just starts the game with the current installed version. And its not possible to see any mods that are not locally saved

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer KeenSWH Developer

It sounds like you are just unable to download. This is probably because of Steam problems or slow connection. You could try switching regions in steam to access a different download server.

6. Sebastian Krieg

OK, thanks, I will try it.

7. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer KeenSWH Developer

Post another message if it doesn't work. We'll get this figured out.

8. Takeshi

or post a link to the Mods, maybe there is something wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sebastian Krieg

I found the reason, a mod was deleted in Steam. In the mod list it was marked with red. After deactivating the mod the mod download work's. But the mod was an important mod for me, it was a arch mod, where you have corridors in the wall. That's frustrating because there is no alternative. :-(

Thanks for the help!

10. Sir_Moodz

Shouldn't you still have the mod locally stored? If so just extract the zip file into a regular folder in your mod folder to make it work as local mod, or just upload it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Takeshi

hm, maybe, maybe not.
    Without the instruction to ask creator first, that sounds wrong for me.

12. BiZZ Keryear

I also have lately trouble ... sometimes at least it is very inconsistent and I can't pinpoint it.
    But here is what I have observed:
    1. When I try to open the list of mods in a save it does (sometimes) load very long. When then the modlist shows up then it isn't complete and names are missing.
      often that can be resolved by reloading the mod list. However last time it resulted (two times) in the game crashing after gain a long loading time.
    2. Normally I never had any troubles with the mods in the game itself, however last time not all mods were complete in the game. The block category where there, but not the blocks.
    I check back if I have any new information.