1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Mod/game not getting all possible blueprints for a component

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by TragicSolitude, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude Trainee Engineer

Hey all,

I'm currently working on personally patching Nanite Control Factory and Gen's Mats. Spent a good deal of time digging around Nanite's control block code, and found a portion of where the issue comes up.

Background for those unaware of what these mods do:
    Nanite CF can build blocks for you, and further can queue up items in Assemblers attached to it to build its targets.
    Gen's Mats adds materials/components and changes the required materials for existing and new components.

Now where the issue comes in, is that Gen's has an "Emergency" Assembler, which has reduced cost for all basic items (but a longer creation time), via a different component blueprint. Nanite CF pulls the Emergency blueprint only, therefore only using the slower Emergency Assemblers and nothing else. And I can't seem to figure out why
    Code:
    MyDefinitionManager.Static.TryGetBlueprintDefinitionByResultId()
    (or any other relevant methods) only returns the emergency blueprint. I would GREATLY appreciate any insight into how I can pull up the other blueprints, as I haven't spent much time working with the Space Engineers API.

Relevant info:
    Sample of component blueprints added by Gen's can be found here.
    Relevant code snippet of Nanite CF where it pushes needed blueprints to assemblers connected can be found here.

Hopefully I'm not doing something frowned upon here by redistributing small chunks of other people's mod code. But I plan on at least offering this patch up (if I can manage to patch it) to the Nanite CF mod team if they want to add it to their version.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.