Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[mod subscribing suggestion] plz give us a way to load yer mods as we did before the steam way.

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Wizlawz, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wizlawz Master Engineer

because i am really starting to hate subbing to mods from steam...

these recent days only about 5-10 show up of the 50+ ones i subbed to and not all the mods i subbed to have ever showed up in the list.

where as when we were doing it "the old way" it seemed i could use every single one i "subbed" to.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Wizlawz Master Engineer

no one? so i am the only one having this issue?

3. Willemina Senior Engineer

If you're having an issue with the game displaying mods, maybe a bug report would be more effective.

4. Wizlawz Master Engineer

i have a feeling it is steam side not KSH side

and last time i did a bug report on steam all i got was the usual = many threads like this , etc, blah blah blah.

giving us the way it was once done before steam or at least an option to either sub from steam or to add it ourselves as we did before

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  5. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Have over 200 mods that I use and I don't have any issues with it at all. Also on our dedicated server we also have over 200 mods and they all load fine on there are well. If you have mods you know you've subbed to and Steam isn't downloading them properly then just delete your mods folder and it'll force a fresh download of the mods.

6. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

There is a work around to having the mods download each time you load your world, however it only works in single player mode on your computer, it will not work for worlds on a server.

To do this, select the mods you want and using an extraction program like Winzip or 7zip, extract the mods to the computer. They will show up with a long number you can rename to what ever the mod is. Usually there is a readme text file by the author in the folder as well as a thumbnail. When you load the game it will show up as a folder with the number or the name you gave the folder.

The nice thing about doing it this way is it does not have to download its content from the internet which allows the game to load a little faster, it also means that any mod that is removed from steam will not affect your build. It also means that the mod will not get future updates unless you periodically load it in another world then extract it again. replacing existing files with the new ones in your folder.

However if you are having trouble of them showing up in your G menu, there may be something else wrong,

7. Wizlawz Master Engineer

mods folder? where is that?

idk how to do any of that.

its not about it not showing in the gmenu but in the DL list....in which if its not in the list its not in the gmenu.

i tried unsubbing from every single thing i subbed to and then resubbing...didnt werk.

got a step by step type guide that i could follow to try ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  8. Wizlawz Master Engineer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

before i did all this that was suggested the number of mods was 171.

so, is this a steam issue or a KSH SE issue?

really like this game, so please help me out.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER had this issue using mods "The Old Way"

so again i am requesting to be able to use mods the old way before the Mod Steam Integration.

9. Wizlawz Master Engineer

just tried through steam > SE > properties > verify integrity of game cache = FAIL

nothing.

10. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Unsubscribe then resubscribe to each of the mods you want, they will be restored to your system

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  11. Wizlawz Master Engineer

been there, done that.

12. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Then there's obviously something seriously wrong with either your game and/or your steam account because every step you've been given is the correct ones to solve mods not being properly downloaded. I suggest you contact Keen's customer service and/or steam's as well.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.