Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Mod Suggestion] Poor man's stuff

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Lord Vulpes, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Vulpes Trainee Engineer

I'm hoping for this in the vanilla game but a Mod would also be appreciated.

In the medieval times only rich man could afford furniture, so to be accurate with building a poor mans hut we need poor mans stuff.

List (I will add suggestions from replies to this topic):

Any further ideas?

2. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I like this idea, not sure what to add to it, but it would help with some of the structures I'm building that are intended to be peasant huts or cheap room in an inn that really isn't much more than a place to sleep with a couple of walls, a mostly solid floor, a decent roof, and some strangers sleeping in the same common room.

3. Stefan Trainee Engineer

You could use wood for that :D

4. Threule Trainee Engineer

Ayy plebeian furniture, I'm all up for this

5. Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

Have you every thought of trying modding out? If so, I wrote a useful guide that will help new modders with making mods for the first time

6. Cetric Junior Engineer

Roughly timbered beds, tables, stools and benches should suffice for a home of a pauper. Meantime we got a mod by Honorary Cardinal 'Story3D PastProductions' which has kitchenware, earthen amphorae, vases and crates. For a poor man's home I would think wicker baskets and anyhting that can be made of that inexpensive material are suitable. The question if it has to be wood is connected with the availability of material in the area you have on your mind. Where forests are close, even a poor household should find access to some wooden equipment, even if it is just salvaged, constructed from leftovers from a saw mill or made out of collected deadwood from the forest.
    This illustration shows the home of a peasant, who isn't exactly poor, for he owns lifestock under the same roof:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.