Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! ModAPI and PB API changes Nov 2017

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rexxar, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Meridius_IX Trainee Engineer

After todays update, I can't find these when looking around in ILSpy. Checked in Sandbox.Common.ModAPI.Ingame and VRage.Game.ModAPI.Ingame - Are they scheduled for release sometime in the future instead?

2. Bgill Trainee Engineer

I'm not able to get Pistons to work at all now, Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I engage Reverse, but nothing happens.

3. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Holy bejeebus, between this and the physics overhaul, SE just got some awesome under the hood upgrades. :tu:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Yeah, they don't seem to have made into this release.

5. Mister-G1 Trainee Engineer

For gods sake! Finally IMyBatteryBlock.MaxInput and IMyBatteryBlock.MaxOutput is built in! No more detailed info parsing anymore.. I've been waiting for this for ages!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darian Ritten Trainee Engineer

I hope they will fix voxel tools as whenever I create terain using voxel tools it dosen't conect to existing terain (e.g. astroids, planet terain, etc.).

7. Burillo Junior Engineer

it would've been very helpful to see old way vs. new way of doing things, as some of the change descriptions are a bit vague.

8. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

9. Burillo Junior Engineer

those are mostly for modding API, not for PB, and they don't cover changes - only new features. for example, rotor changes - how do we actually use the new way?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

My solar alignment script had suffered for the last year and a half until the major update. Worked perfect for several hours until the hotfix came...

11. Lynnux Junior Engineer

Yes, I've been looking for that info in these forums, too, but didn't find it. Finally found it in Marek's blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2017/11/physics.html

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  12. sepen_ Trainee Engineer

So with
    now ... a list, please? :)

13. rexxar Senior Engineer

Use Visual Studio and Intellisense.

14. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

Is ILSpy permitted or does that break the 'no decompiling' rule in the EULA?

15. Malware Master Engineer

Who's gonna check on you? ;) As long as you use it for educational reasons only I doubt there's an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Atharil Trainee Engineer

I like how they made the video sound like the speech that commander Shepard holds in mass effect :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. artistx Trainee Engineer

Did anyone else notice that Large Hydrogen Thruster Damage outside the flame block is back? I was too busy trying new stuff to notice but then my old builds ended up broken...

18. Malware Master Engineer

Perhaps not the right thread to ask this question in? ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Moray Trainee Engineer

I was really excited to read about these changes, but like you, disappointed at the lack of documentation: unfortunately the GetProperties() method is part of the "old terminal property system for PB" which "is now unnecessary". But it's still there, showing the old info! We now have:
    • Rotor.LowerLimitDeg
    • Rotor.LowerLimitRad
    • Rotor.UpperLimitDeg
    • Rotor.UpperLimitRad
    Rotor.Angle is still in radians though, so you do still need conversion for that. I don't see a property for the "Share inertia tensor" setting?

I am still getting odd behaviour from the Program constructor. Previously GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockGroupWithName("Drills") was returning empty when called in the Program block immediately after the world was loaded. After a recompile it worked fine. Now that one is working, but the next line,(IMyPistonBase)GridTerminalSystem.GetBlockWithName("Piston Inner Top") is returning null in the same circumstance with "Piston Inner Top" on a subgrid. Again, as soon as I recompile the Programmable Block, it starts working again.

Also not fixed is an old issue I have with my airlock scripts using hangar doors in a group, again initialised in the Program block. PB on large grid, with small ship docked on connector. Small ship has a toolbar button to activate the airlock method on the PB. I enter the ship, press the button, and the script correctly opens the hangar doors using their group name. I undock, fly around, and re-dock. Press the button and nothing happens. Recompile the PB, press the button again, and now the block group is working again and the doors close.

Moray
    "To err is human; to purr, feline."

20. vorneus Trainee Engineer

These changes are all great. I was particularly excited by the whitelisting of MyBillboard.BlendTypeEnum and working custom CloudLayers for modded planets.

However.. neither seem to work. I still get told access to MyBillboard is restricted, and CloudLayers still don't show up unless you put them in the game folder itself. Am I missing something?

-Ed

21. MadMax Trainee Engineer

Am I the only one that is getting an exception when trying to access velocity on the IMyMotorStator interface? I see it on GitHub, but it definitely is no longer available on the current build...

22. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Github is way out of date.

I am setting it fine.

Please post your code.

23. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I'm all for not needing a Timer Block to run my Programmable Blocks anymore.
    However, I have noticed a lot of larger scripts crash with a "script too complex"
    error now, when they ran fine before.

Any idea(s) as to why that is, or ow to fix it.?

24. Wicorel Senior Engineer

I have not noticed the crashes. Please post your code.

25. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

The crashes I'm referring to is with the T.I.M. (Taleden's Inventory Manager) script, it is far too much to post here and not mine to post. . .

26. Wicorel Senior Engineer

You should report that to the script author.

Also, check the workshop page and there is likely information that may help you

27. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I have, but that is only one of the scripts that this issue happens with..

28. Wicorel Senior Engineer

I run scripts all the time and have not had any new problems.

So the problem is not SE itself, but with the scripts.

Please make a bug report.

29. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I might have accepted that if the scripts didn't all start this issue at the same time, when the no timer block update for programmable blocks went live..

30. Malware Master Engineer

There has been no changes in the instruction counting system.

If a script comes anywhere near getting the too complex exception, they're doing something wrong.

TIM has been known to throw that exception from time to time, depending on the build it's used on. That's nothing new.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.