Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! ModAPI and PB API changes Nov 2017

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rexxar, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I understand that is how you see this issue, however I have never had this issue with the TIM script in all the time I've used it. Then out of nowhere it comes up as too complex and crashes, I'd say something has changed about how Space Engineers handles scripts running on the Programmable Block(s) either by a direct or indirect change or patch that has been made/applied in the not so distant past. . .

I'm not here to point blame or to be treated like either I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm here to find assistance in finding a fix for this issue. . .

So if you are unwilling or unable to either help or assist with this issue, please feel free to keep scrolling past my posts. . .

Thank You & Good Day...

2. Malware Master Engineer

I wrote this system, meaning I'm quite knowledgeable on how it works :)

Granted, someone might have made a change, but usually I'm told when such things happen (I've never not been told yet), and they've had no reason to change it.

So look at it from my perspective: Knowing how the system works, knowing that there's been no change, and someone talking about a script that's been known to be finicky... What would your conclusion be?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. rexxar Senior Engineer

There have been no changes to the instruction counter in a very long time.

4. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I see your point in that as you wrote the system, you would know it front and back.

However please see this from my viewpoint as well. I've been Playing Space Engineers for a long time, almost as long as the game has been out.

I've never had this issue with any script in all that time, including the T.I.M. script.

All I want is to address and if possible fix the issue, and as the author of TIM as yet to message me back, I am looking for other options.
    I have even looked into learning C# so as to be able to fix the script myself. . .

So in light of all that, what would you suggest I do, if not look for help.?

5. Malware Master Engineer

I saw this from your viewpoint from the start. I'm just a player like you, I don't work for Keen, I just happen to have made some contributions to the game over the years. I am trying to give you the help I can by telling you what I know, since there's not much else I can do for you. It's not my fault if you interpret that as some form of personal rejection or attack, neither which is true. It helps by excluding possible areas of error, that with the information I have available is not likely to be the game. Bugs are always possible but in this case very unlikely. It helps by telling you that most likely, the script is at fault because it's known to be, whether or not you've experienced the issues yourself is irrelevant when plenty of people have, even publicly on YouTube videos (EctoSage).

I haven't seen Taleden around for a long while now though, most people seem to have some trouble reaching him.

However, provide me with a world where it reliably fails, and I can at least double check for you. Just make sure it's easy to find. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  6. Burillo Junior Engineer

Is this in game right now? Because i can't see this in PB, and it doesn't compile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Burillo Junior Engineer

You could've at least given names of these new properties. I can't seem to find any (i'm using IntelliSense).

8. Sigurd Hansen Trainee Engineer

When is the values from MaxOutput from IMySolarPanel going to be stable? For several years now I've needed a delay to make the aligning process stable.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.