Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Modding Audio (replacing sound effects)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Netherspark, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

Is this possible? I've tried creating a mod by making blank and/or altered versions of the target audio files, and placing them in a duplicate Audio folder with the correct file paths and then loading it as a mod. Assumably it would function the same as the Data folder like normal mods, but it doesn't seem to work.

It just gives me "reference not set to instance of object" errors.

2. Digi Senior Engineer

You need to copy and edit the audio SBC files to point to your modified audio files.

Data folder is being scanned for .sbc files with any name, and their contents is appended to the game (or replaces if it matches the same type+subtype), therefore you're not directly replacing a file.
    That also means you should delete any definition from the file that you don't want to edit.

3. Netherspark Trainee Engineer

Great thanks, it's working now.

By any chance is there a way to control how much the volume of sound effects change when you switch between first and third person view? I guess I'm asking if you can disable positional audio.