1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Model Creation - Black Boxes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Threule, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Threule

Threule Trainee Engineer

Somehow, after creating my MWM file, in game instead of whatever it should be, it appears some weird black boxes. Does anyone have an idea of why is this ocurring?

2. Dalmanos

Dalmanos Trainee Engineer

I had the same issue.
    I added the new DX11 Textures(I used the FAKE.dds in \Textures\) and now I have white strange cubes.
    Also those cubes seem not to stick to earth. If I place them, they fall through the floor or jump away. But they do stick together! :D
    I fear due to the lack of recent working tutorials we will have to wait until someone finds out, how to create a block. Devs do net help very much, unfortunately.
    I spent 12 hours on my weekend figuring out how too add a simple large Cube Block. I managed to create a second stonecube by copying the existing files out of the Content folder and giving it a new name, but that's it.
    Oh, and I also created white jumping Cubes.

Please KSH, do something. The modding community dies!

3. Threule

Threule Trainee Engineer

I think the problem is on the model builder. They should do a proper tutorial of how to save textures with photoshops, and keep up these tutorials according to the changes done on the SDK. There is no more texture tool

4. Dalmanos

Dalmanos Trainee Engineer

I think the model builder is OK the way it is, but we need error messages and the meaning of them.
    We can only solve problems where we know they exist and why they exist.
    There is no description for the problem: My cube is only white ingame and bouncing around.
    Also there is no reasonable Log file for errors. If your .sbc has an error the game just tells you to look in the log file for further description. But in the log file is just the same message, telling you to look in the log file.

I think the best way would be, like you said, the devs making a tutorial which works and is beeing kept up to date.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.