1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Mods and scripts

Discussion in 'General' started by Knightside, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Knightside

Knightside Trainee Engineer

In the future sometime are us xbox players going to have the option to use mods and scripts?

2. Dvyn1

Dvyn1 Trainee Engineer

Keen said no, but mods are an important part of the success of Space Engineers and other sandbox games on Xbox have mods and scripting, Minecraft and Bethesda games for example. Minecraft has Programmable blocks. And when you consider that most of us Xbox players are fans of the PC game, something gonna eventually give.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheHellKat

TheHellKat Trainee Engineer

Mods I'd love to see and I don't see why not, many other titles are moving to allowing console mods now days.

As for scripts, that's a bit trickier. As they are now scripts on pc get compiled on the fly, this allows players to make changes to scripts to suit their needs. However on consoles everything must be precompiled before Microsoft/Sony will allow it to be ported to their platforms.

I can potentially see a shortlist of popular scripts being available as precompiled options, but as they are now scripts are not compatable with consoles

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.