Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mods loading

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by offreal, Feb 3, 2019.

1. offreal Trainee Engineer

Hi there!

I wrote a simple mod. Its only change a few environment definitions.

Data\SRK_SpeedMode.sbc:

But I see this in dedicated server log:

Server needs textures... stop... for what? оО
    More strange thing: why it searching skybox texture in my mod's folder?

And one more question. Almost all mods that downloaded from steam workshop are zipped and has name like <number>_legacy.bin, but my mod downloading as folder with files. I published my mod from ingame menu and not found any zip-packing options. How to publish mods in one file?

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

You have to change your .sbc file name from SRK_SpeedMode.sbc to Enviroment.sbc , once you upload your mod to the workshop it does zip it all into one file, you do not do this yourself.

3. offreal Trainee Engineer

Renaming .sbc has no effect:

Probably server reading all .sbc files from Data, filename doesn't matter.

My mod already published. And... it's not ziped. > Steam link

4. offreal Trainee Engineer

Any ideas?

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Go to http://steamworkshop.download/ input your link to your mod. You will see it is zipped. When you do it from steam itself it of course will put it to the right directory and will not seem zipped, but if you go to your mods folder (if you have subscribed to your own mod) search for your mod id 1584177297 the file extension will not say .zip in the folder, but you change the extension to .zip and you will see indeed it was zipped all along.