Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

more efficient ship tools to go with are better hand tools?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kilroy 2, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. EstebanLB Trainee Engineer

Or The entire survival aspect for that matter

2. fourthquantum Senior Engineer

No they're not and it's concerning.

3. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

Lol, all I ever do is stack 4x productivity on my refs and assemblers. With the abundance of every resource, and having a small grid space miner that pulls 1.5 million a load, and a atmo miner that pulls 200k a load, I can keep my 24 4x productivity refs plenty busy.

4. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

a) What the hell are you doing with all that resource?

b) Build more refineries and slap them with eff modules.

Remember, 4 eff modules double refinery production speed by doubling yield per kg of ore, and use the ore more efficiently AND consumes no extra power.

Production modules are exactly like building another refinery, but without the parallelization.

5. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I don't think the tiered tools are remotely well thought out at all, certainly not the elite rifle.

One thing they do do however, is make death somewhat meaningful, especially if you die flinging away a tool.

6. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

a agreee totaly. the grinders, the atmo & hydro thrusters all need to be rebalanced. it still floors me that 9 small atmos produce way more thrust than one large atmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

Well space and weight are at a premium on a planetary crawler that also doubles as a SSTO dropship/jumpship/carrier. And being able to refine the plat for a large thruster in under an hour is nice. And you and I have argued about productivity vs. effectiveness before, you have your playstyle, I have mine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.