Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

More traditional Survival

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Cirtex, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Additionally, having large hydroponic blocks gives me a reason to build a space station.
    Quite honestly, there is little to no reason to congregate on a Space Engineers server. None None at all. Unless you just want to piss some one off by destroying their junk. Which there are always those sociopaths.

Having food and hydroponics be large blocks and generating food gives a reason to build space stations. Yeah it won't stop the massive ships from having that stuff, but at least it'll provide a point of interest.

I mean you can be a Space nomad forever. That's not really interesting. Space stations need a reason to exist in the game and I see them being more viable as Hydroponic's interest points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DominicFalcon Trainee Engineer

IMHO, food, temperature, etc. do nothing to add to the difficulty of any survival game (at least those where you're just managing one person) past the first hour or so of gameplay. Instead, they just add yet another resource to farm; yet another button to click periodically to prevent the depletion of yet another bar.

Boooorrrring.

On the flip side: Harder recipes, discovering recipes/blueprints, something to explore... those I'm behind 100%.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

boring. for you. :)
    [​IMG]

gives the engineers that opt into types of mods like this something more to do.
    I enjoy it because it adds an extra layer of realism. :)
    another room of a capital space ship to build. a reason to get mess hall styled blocks.
    plenty of spaceships in movies and games have hydroponics or a mess hall of sorts.
    system shock 2 even has a whole deck of its main ship dedicated to hydroponics.
    so moral of the story spend more time doing useless stuff in a game about wasting time doing stuff. >:D
    thankfully it's a mod so its not forced on players...and even if it were I'm sure keen would add that delightful little button to disable/enable it like many features of SE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

In the future I'm sure they'd have like 3 Terrabytes of data on a ship Cockpit USB, loaded with Do-It-Yourself instructions. So it wouldn't really, be lost technology, or be a need to research. Starting on planets is hard enough on a 1-1-1 refinery speed 1 server. Unless you're using mods to make things easier.

Note hating on you, just the opinion.

5. Calaban Junior Engineer

I liked the "limited resources" found in Escape From Mars scenario.
    Things like "you may not build a certain essential component until reaching a plot point" is gold.

other things like "Get off world without ever having option to place hydro thrusters" makes the meta engineer our way around things aspect of the game much more to the fore front.

6. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I actually used a small ship to take apart the ship in escape from mars and move/attach the hyd. thrusters to a ship I created. :)

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Personally, I’ll stick with eating soylent green...it’s delicious and nutritious!

8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I like the eating mechanic in the new Kingdom Come Deliverance video game, it's not so full on like other video games where it's more like you are micromanaging your avatar in the game as apposed to playing the game.... if that makes sense?

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.