1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

MP update dedicated server, block limit question

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by me_ggm, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. me_ggm

me_ggm Trainee Engineer

Trying to do a scenario where there are no jump drives and limits on refineries. if set the the Jump Drive to 0 and refineries to 4, players can still build Jump Drives and only 1 refinery

2. Kornelius

Kornelius Trainee Engineer

I encountered a similar problem and found its beginning. The server does not remember the limit of block 0. I'm very sad, I want to build a place for collecting players, and for this it is necessary to forbid them to build some blocks. I would like this to be corrected as soon as possible.

3. MTXRooster

MTXRooster Trainee Engineer

I can't say for sure if it will work or not, but....

Have you tried manually editing the sandbox.sbc file? IIRC, there were some things awhile back that even though you set them in the GUI, the changes did not actually 'stick' or get set properly. The go-to answer back then was the manually edit it, and 9 times out of 10 that would solve the problem. Try seeing what entries it created and what settings is assigned under the BlockLimit setting, just remember, save a copy before you edit it, and I strongly recommend an editor like Notepad++ for this task. Again, it was awhile ago, but maybe you're faced with a similar situation. Worth looking into at least.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.