Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

My First Castle (Share Your First Castles Too!)

Discussion in 'General' started by Xocliw, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

nice work man

2. jdorp18 Trainee Engineer

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  3. ArcherV Apprentice Engineer

my first castle, still super-early WIP.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mocsk Trainee Engineer

So, I'm from East Europe...

[​IMG]

5. Freemann Trainee Engineer

My First construction :

[​IMG]
    It's buggy now, I can't construct any more on it since the last patch ^^ :s

And my first castle :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little elevator, it's something :)

[​IMG]

6. Belthize Apprentice Engineer

HAH, +100 funny.

chuckle

7. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

I'd Love to, but I think they still need to do some work on that view, it is an instant crash if I try to turn it on anywhere near that fort :/

Also, Vid capture is out for the moment, My Elder PC has seen better days and won't do both the game and vid capture at the same time :(
    But I'm upgrading throughout the spring so once I have a new 6 core CPU I should be good for everything :D

I've posted a bunch more shots from the weekend here

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/fort-heorot-phase-1-of-the-kingdom-of-valhalla-7297020?pid=1286207585#post1286207585

8. jokernthief Trainee Engineer

Made my day!!! :woot:

9. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

I've been scrolling through all these castles and I'm very impressed :thumb:! Sadly I've been out of action for a week due to a SSD failure :'(...

10. elusivejoo Trainee Engineer

Right there with ya Xocliw. between snow and real life i have been out of commission the past few days too.

11. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Hopefully the official launch will create another surge of "first castles" :cool:.

12. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

hopefully they are joking with that delay.... im waiting for 6 hours allready

13. gebbens Trainee Engineer

I must have missed a post NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to all with the castles they all look out of this world I cant w8 to start my own and then get my community on board

14. SpacingOut Trainee Engineer

Can we dig and build underground or into a mountain yet? I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for steam to release this!

15. SpacingOut Trainee Engineer

Can we dig and build underground or into a mountain yet? I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for steam to release this!

16. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I've got 2 hours to go until I can buy. And then a bit longer to finish some Anatomy homework so I don't have anything else I have to do in RL

17. Martinineter Senior Engineer

My castle that was made to make Newton proud:

The view of the entrance
    [​IMG]

A side view:
    [​IMG]

A view of the 'center':
    [​IMG]

And the inside of the barrack:
    [​IMG]

This is still a work in progress, many things to be added (such as flags)

18. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

That's awesome Martinineter :D! Just wondering... why are those statues pink :confused:?

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I qould say it's a bug, but it might also be because the Sacred order of the Pink Flamingo is everywhere!

20. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

Yep! My Castle (link in my sig) started out with a tunnel dug through the mountain.
    I have since added an underground Siege Factory and have an elevator shaft going all the way to the summit of the mountain.

So far it looks like the Full stone blocks don't take SI into account if they are anchored to the Ground so Underground construction should be good (of course if they change SI to work with Anchored blocks then everything I have underground will collapse)

I'll update that pictures thread this weekend once I have time to add a bunch more work to it

21. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

Did you get those statues and Beds using the Public= true mod? or has Keen unlocked a bunch more blocks? (Really hoping for a working Pulley)

22. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

Nevermind, I just saw the Change log!
    Now I can't wait to get home to see if those lag fixes help with my proximity lag (Maybe i'll actually be able to walk through my castle with more than .5 FPS)

23. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Yes, they fixed some big issues with most recent build :).

24. Kaffeeteria Trainee Engineer

Hi everybody, I discovered this today on steam and then spent two hours chewing my nails until I could download it! This is what I've been looking for for DECADES!

So I was going to build an awesome castle but then I screwed up the landscaping tool and built a pretty ruin. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

I'm glad that you found it and have been enjoying it :thumb:! It's only going to get better too...

Just imagine how good survival and multiplayer is going to be... and also AI :cool:.

26. florilu Trainee Engineer

Wow, there are already some nice creations :D

My first castle is still work in progress, but I think for a first time it's already pretty nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's so far my progress.
    I also have planned to put trebuchets on the two big gate towers.

And my next castle will be a replica of one of the castles which are pretty close to my location.
    It's Schloss-Burg in Solingen (Germany).

Here are a few pics of it:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. apsystem Trainee Engineer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owlocIeGK64

28. Kaffeeteria Trainee Engineer

Thank you! But actually, I'm quite happy sandboxing, I don't need PVP and all that stuff. I only wish there were some more wall varieties such as half walls, rounded walls and columns. I'll just have to wait.

29. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ok so here is my first castle.

[​IMG]

30. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Nah, I'm just messing with you. That's the guardhouse up front. This is my real first castle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus quite a bit under ground that you can't see because its inside the mountain.

This is inspired by Xocliw's castle.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.