Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Naval.. ish.. combat in SE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Raejuusto, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Raejuusto Trainee Engineer

So. After some military service I'm back with SE and a thought occurred to me. Were it real,combat in space would most likely heavily reflect modern day naval warfare as in missiles for long range engagements, torpedoes and cannon fire for medium and finally point defense weapons paired with cannons for fast moving on really close targets. So should the combat in SE not reflect this as well? However, as it stands the game is missing some key elements required to make this reality, mainly radar or something similar for ordinance guidance at long range (more than 2 km for example), this could via scrips be used to guide missiles/torpedoes on target and extreme ranges. Also missing are the fore mentioned cannons or railguns that could be used for medium range, maybe having a bit more range than current turrets? Something along the lines of 1,2km for example. Anyway this is just a thought I had and figured that it might be good to share on the forums in case some of the devs get any fancy ideas. would especially love to see a radar like system for weapon guidance in SE:s future.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.