Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Need Help Understanding Vanilla Drone Spawning

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

By trial-and-error, I've learned that vanilla antennas spawn drones at different distances. For example, all vanilla cargo ship spawning antennas spawn drones when you get under 2 km from the ship. Stations, however, are different and seem to spawn drones at much greater distances. I know that the Encounter Droneyard, Encounter Stealth Pirate Station, and Encounter Salvage Station spawn drones at much greater distances (I don't know the threshold trigger distance). Two questions:

1. Has anyone compiled a list of the antenna names, the drones they spawn, and the threshold spawning distance?

2. Can the threshold spawning distance be changed?

Any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

See <install path>\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\PirateAntennas.sbc - that's all the spawn data, a mod can substitute the contents of any or all, or add new ones with new names and settings, it's all fairly self-explanatory English xml.

If you need to, you could use http://www.convertcsv.com/xml-to-csv.htm or something similar to convert it into a convenient spreadsheet or table format for reference or processing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I'll take a look. Thanks.