Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Never surrender

Discussion in 'Survival' started by OrwellianHaggis, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. OrwellianHaggis Trainee Engineer

Hi all. I started this scenario on Titan and yesterday built my first craft capable of leaving atmosphere. My question is this: is there supposed to be some derelict craft to find near the moon? I was watching W4stedSpace and Splitsie play the scenario and they came across what seemed to be a scripted part of it, a derelict large grid with a couple of small grid drones buzzing around it.

If this is part of the scenario, is there some triggering action?

2. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

most of the scenario is a respawn of a small ship list around one small asteroid base on the GPS marker (base have 3 small parts, the biggest one have 1 small room). You have a list of "boss" ships and one for smaller drones. They spawn when you get close to the GPS marker at end of a timer (loop).

So dont expect any sort of scenario / exploration the idea is most to kill waves of x drones and the base to defend could not really be defended as the few missiles will destroy it. From that point i started to try myself to build a deeper scenario using the provided scripts that are really interesting and easy to read, i beleive it's also the idea.

The "unlock search" make it even harder and at some point boring, as if you dont cheat with the IA ships (lflying like a kamikaze insect avoiding ammos) waves they will blast most of things you could build with low ressources and techs

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  3. OrwellianHaggis Trainee Engineer

Ah, so it was probably something that either W4sted or Splitsie added in. Ok.

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You'll find a lot of derelict vessels in space. Watch for the short, red HUD signal that shows their location and distance. Most are armed, but they're easy to overcome and provide significant resources.

I played through the Never Surrender scenario and destroyed well over 200 waves of drones before I hit the 1,000-drone kill achievement. Never give up. Never surrender.

5. Calaban Junior Engineer

Never surrender is a typical world, so things like cargo ships and encounters will be out there still.

My last run through was making a mining carriage into a heavy armor cruiser tube. Too bad Raiding Station Scourges are a thing of the past, they would be perfect.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

My Athena Defense Platform (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675918841) that I used to win the Never Surrender scenario achievement was inspired by the SPRT Raiding Station. Same overall shape, but slightly bigger to fit everything I wanted in it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.