Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New Graphics Overhaul Graphics Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lt. Gerbal, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

I have had trouble with my game concerning the graphics after the graphics overhaul update which was to improve graphics, but it ironically set my graphics back to the graphics from the early alpha versions of the game and I have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anybody help me out?

2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I would try to backup and remove \Users\current_user\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers, the game will create it upon next launch.

If it won't help, can you share your SpaceEngineers.log file? It is located in the same folder as above. It could help to identify the problem.

thanks!

3. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately, it seems that I could not find \Users\current_user\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers on my computer, even after scouring my files for easily over an hour. I've checked in my game folders, my downloads, and many other misc. files, but I can't find anything remotely related to Space Engineers. When I was doing what you recommended, I went to my set of files, but I didn't see any AppData folder, or anything like it. I did however, look in a folder titled, Saved Games, which had nothing in it. I then looked into the Roaming folder, as you recommended, but it only led to irrelevant, completely empty folders. I've looked through most every folder and not one had any reference to Space Engineers. Do you know of any other ways of fixing this? Do you think uninstalling and then reinstalling the game would work?

4. Roxette Senior Engineer

Microsoft likes to hide things from users to 'make things simpler' ... you need to fix that so you can find what you need, even if you prefer to restore it to default settings later...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once you've changed these settings, you should be able to find (eg) C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers

5. Royale98 Trainee Engineer

You can also hold the windows key and press r. (Win+r) then type %appdata% into the box, hit enter, and it will bring up the AppData folder for you.

6. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much. That brought me right to where I needed to be. That’ll make my life a lot easier.
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for the recommendation. I was finally able to locate the files, but I don’t know how to back them up. Could you give me a rundown on what to do and how to do it? Also, I don’t see any file by the name of ‘SpaceEngineers.log’. If this is a problem, please feel free to ask for another solution.

7. Zhiila Tester Staff

To backup the folder you just need to rename it (for example to SpaceEngineers - Backup) and the game will create it again if it won't be able to locete the folder with exactly same name.

If you have trouble locating SpaceEngineers.log, it could help to set *View/File name extensions* in windows explorer, after that it should be in the folder I mentioned before.

2018-04-13_13-09-40.png
    If you still have problem to locate it or any other question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Zhiila

8. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

Thanks I was able to find the document. So, you said to back this up and send the log if restarting the game doesn’t work? Also, if I am to back it up, could you give me a run down of procedures in order to back it up?

9. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Show file extensions, and just change the ".log" part to ".bak". Windows will warn you this could be dangerous, but tell it to obey you.
    Restart the game and it'll create a new .log file from scratch.

If you need to restore the backup version, simply delete the new .log file, and change the ".bak" extension back to ".log" (undo your little extension editing) and it'll be the right file type again.

10. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

I tried doing what you said, thanks for that by the way, but my problem with the graphics still stands. Again, thanks for this little bit of info.
    --- Automerge ---
    Is there any way I can share my file to you? It won't let me post it and I don't know where else to send it.

11. Zhiila Tester Staff

I would suggest Google Drive or Dropbox. But if you have problem to upload it, just copy it's content to this thread as a text.

12. Lt. Gerbal Trainee Engineer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QWIth9gJ2I8UlVuQs8P2_eSETIKTHye/view?usp=sharing I tried to go through Google Drive. I'm not sure if it worked, but I got something. Please send me a message if you need anything more. Thanks a bunch.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.