Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New idea about NPC

Discussion in 'General' started by jaunetajabe, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. jaunetajabe Apprentice Engineer

Hi everybody, reading other posts has come to my mind an interesting idea to integrate NPCs

It Should exist a block, complex, expensive with other requeriments as radio and energy consumption called "Recall bay"

This block will be build and once built and powered will allow us to transport a NPC to our base, then we can assign tasks to this NPC such as

• Follow us increasing our inventory space
    • Follow us and we assign the NPC to weld an area that we designate
    • Follow us to grind an area that we designate
    • Use to fire turrets that should not be automatic anymore
    • it will be a nice addition if we need bots to manage our ship, it is unreal that we can build a ship of 30,0000,000 of tons that we manage from a console with no other help, so NPC could be assigned to a fly seat
    Every time that we "Recall" a NPC we would need some mix of uranium, platinum etc... To make difficult to add new NPC

What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

For turrets NPC should offer the ability to target specific types of blocks. Maybe even specify damage vs destroy.

I'd love to tell one NPC to target weapons (destroy in case they are self healing) and the other to target thrusters (damage).

And they should have very limited O2 tanks.

3. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I think enhancing blocks with "crew members" is a good idea.
    Turrets: ignore decoys or tarhet specific parts

Rc block functionality but remove collision detection from rc block and allow pilot to use collision detection.

Of course crew members would need o2 to function. Other requirements like beds could be made too.
    I dont know if they need to be able to leave the pilot seat at all. I dont really know if there is any good way to make them work well as their own entities.
    Would be cool to have pilots in my mechs tho:(

4. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

Why do you want this? Turrets are kinda crap as it is.
    These guys are on the right track.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.