Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New modding feature requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ondrej.Petrzilka, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Seagoon Trainee Engineer

I would love to see the ability to give a weapon multiple fire sound effects, so that they can either be looped through or chosen from randomly each time the gun fires.

2. Digi Senior Engineer

You can already do this and the vanilla game has examples of this as well. Open Audio.sbc and scroll just a bit down to ArcWepShipGatlingShot.

3. Seagoon Trainee Engineer

Ah thanks!

4. Cpt. Kirk Trainee Engineer

I would love to see, for improve survival, batteries and medikit as usable objects to replenish your suit bars, changeing a little bit how battery block and medical room block works. Currently all things to build are made with the assembler, but i think medikits could be made by medical room block or recharge them, and small batteries with battery block. You should add this items at the end of the weld and grind process in order to replenish or get this items.

Other 2 things are related to control seat, control panel and pilot seat. All allow you made the same things. I use them only for aesthetics purposes. But i would like they have different functions. eg.:
    - Control block only allow access to set different blocks
    - Control seat allow access to control production, move items, etc.
    - Pilot seat allow access to GPS, or something like that, or toggle the options where you can access.

The 2nd thing, related to pilot seat, control seat and cockpits is the difficulties to remember or even know the configuration of their menus. Is it posible to add the option to put a name for each one and show on HUD??

Thank you. Sorry for my English.

PD: I'm not sure if i'm in the right subforum.

5. Iamkky Trainee Engineer

An way to change how missiles affect voxel.
    It appears it was already planned in code but not implemented.
    Currently missile explosion hardcodes MyExplosionFlags.AFFECT_VOXELS (that looks like it's not used) and VoxelCutoutScale = 0.3f

Doesn't looks like a huge change and makes for completely new planetary warfare and asteroids warfare if we can prevent missiles from destroying voxels.

6. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Seven words: "Small Grid Glass", and "Small Grid Flight Seats". The time has come, as there are a lot of players building large small grid ships with interiors, and up to this point, we've had to rely on mods to give us the functionality to do this. I know y'all are focusing mostly on bug fixes and performance stuff now, but I'd like to see this added as vanilla functionality. As I'm certain a large number of others would, as well.

7. Digi Senior Engineer

8. rexxar Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.