Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New Thruster Damage Cones

Discussion in 'General' started by Kilroy 2, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

Dear KSH,

If you change the thruster damage cones please make a note of it in the patch notes along with a description of the new cones. This isn't my first rodeo after 3 previous thruster damage changes I'm tired of having to test things, and loading up old builds that explode and being confused with new builds that should be exploding.

All I'm asking is that the information is easily accessible.

Yours,
    Kilroy.

To everyone else.

Can someone please tell me and everyone else who is interested in what the new thruster damage cones are and what rates of damage are...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Because doing the work yourself is hard, I'll make this easy for you:

If the flame touches the block area, that area will take damage, and this has not changed since the wheel major at least.

Alternatively, Digi has a Build Info mod that tells you the precise thruster damage distances as well as all other in game info for the blocks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Phew, thought for a second it had changed again since that update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

I'm sorry it has changed and build info is useful but deceptive. things that i built before the multiplayer update now take damage. most noteable change is the large hydrogen thruster, you can place full bricks on the corners but not the vertices of a 3x3 grid you can only place up to any variety of half bricks on the vertices. you use to be able to cover the whole thruster cone except for the center block of a 3*3 grid. There has been no change to the alowable brick placement around the cones of ions at least.

Build info lists damage cone out to 15 m. large ion thrusts is out to 11 m. this has not changed in the update at least. A large brick is 2.5 5 so the cones effect everything within a 6 brick and 7 brick length in front of the thrust nozzle.

and while yes Burstar, this isnt hard for me to go and figure out. my point is

A: KSH continues to insist on changing things that were fine to begin with. (that is there prerogative) but...
    B: i have been playing this game for almost 4 years now and the cones have been changed on us now three times; times without documentation in update notes.
    C: I should not have to waste my time in game experimenting and re learning things and,
    D: i don't think it is unreasonable for ksh to have this information easily at hand for all of us who play vanilla and don't like mods.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

A: Early Access game. Gameplay is subject to change.
    B. Early Access game. Gameplay is subject to change.
    C. You do not 'have' to do anything. If you are so unhappy that you refuse to do X anymore I recommend that you post a review in un-moderated/filtered avenues, and on steam, and uninstall the game. Alternatively, there is an 'enable thruster damage option'.
    D. Thruster flame contact = damage has not changed since wheel major at least, and they notified us of this change.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. w0lf3y Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.