Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New to ME, thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by bb cakes, Dec 31, 2018.

1. bb cakes Trainee Engineer

Hi everyone!

I bought the ME bundle on sale and have invited my friends to play as well. This is a great little game. There has been a learning curve, and some things that I think really need fixing. But generally, I really like it.

I like the balance between creativity and questing. The questing teaches the game a bit at a time, much needed for someone like me. I was a little concerned about how the building works, I have seen some games online where there is no creative input. I like that we have finished looking blocks and the textures are amazing. But we can build with them however we like. It's a cool feature.

Some things I would like to see:

Traveling NPC that would roll through camp, so you could buy and sell things.
    Maybe a few NPC villages.
    Water and fishing. Surprised these aren't in the base game.

Can someone explain the day/night ratio to me? I have the game on a dedicated server I have with Nitrado. The nights are endless. I don't know if I have the ratio wrong, or if the adjustment simply doesn't work?

Anyway, I love this game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Day/night ratio was removed a long time ago. It's likely just a leftover in Nitrado's default configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roxette Senior Engineer

That would not surprise me in the least, given that their default Space Engineers configuration is from years ago and causes no end of problems for inexperienced players as it leaves the game half broken.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bb cakes Trainee Engineer

That makes sense as to why nothing I do seems to make a difference. The nights are looooooong.

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

You could change the length of the day. Also, if you are near one of the planet's poles, your days will be affected by season. You can adjust that too.