Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Next Question for the Devs: Will we be able to connect Walls / Towers built 'off grid'?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ubiqanon, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ubiqanon Trainee Engineer

So the last time I posted a "question for the Dev's" thread - regarding being able to build on a 45 degree angle, they never answered, BUT three weeks later, bam! We get to build on the diagonal. (Which, I feel it only fair to say, got my nips all adizzle'd.)

I respect the fact that if they actually answered me they would have to answer everyone who posted a 'question for the dev's' topic, and these Keen guys do like to keep thier cards close to the chest, along with zipped lips. However, in the spirit of, "if it worked once, in might work again..."

Will we ever be able to build walls / structures off the square grid, such that they dont have to meet at either 90 degrees or 45 degrees, but are still connected to the other structure? Right now we are locked into a fairly rigid symetry (if we want structures to actually connect) but if you look at any real castle, only a very few (Beaumaris comes to mind) were built such that all the walls meet at either a 90 or 45 degree angle.

We can build at any angle now (to some extent) but we cant connect the things built at free (off grid) angles to each other - thus there are unnatural gaps, or objects that 'float'.

I am hopeful that at some point they will figure out a way to let us build walls / structures that can connect to each other, but not require grid symetry. Probably a difficult thing to achieve, certainly a lot to ask for, but man, if they could do that, then this game could be used as the format for al sorts of accurate recreations of histoircal castles - maybe even be used by say Cadw (Welsh Government Tourism Site) to provide people with realistic models of the great castles of Eddy 1.

Oh and we need flowing water for moats too, but hey, I can wait a bit. :)

2. MichaelC Junior Engineer

doubt it.... thats more of an engine lmitation

3. SenorZorros Master Engineer

maybe we could get 2 to 1 slopes and the like.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.