1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

No Asteroids, Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Amorean, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Amorean

Amorean Trainee Engineer

Downloaded Space Engineers Dedicated Server from Steam>Library>Tools and am able to get a game to run just fine. However, When I select Star System as a map there are no Asteroids! I have searched everywhere with no luck. I have changed the "Procedural Seed" to a random number and even changed it to "0" with no success as well "Procedural Density" to 0.5 and even tried 1.0 still no success. I even tried changing "Asteroid Amount" to random number trying to get Asteroids to spawn I have tried many combinations with these three settings. My research shows these are the settings that control asteroids. When I use the UI for Dedicated server and select Star System I can see the first two settings in the Environment tab, but no matter the values I put it in it will not generate asteroids. Even the default values will not work. Am I missing something important? What am I doing wrong or is this just broken?
    --- Automerge ---
    I have tried changing these values in both the Dedicated UI and the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg in my appdata. Nothing seems to work to get asteroids into star system map.

2. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Are you searching in spectator mode ? You won't see them that way, they only render when you are physically there.

3. Amorean

Amorean Trainee Engineer

No I log into the game as any normal player would. All I see is the planet and their moons.

4. Roxette

Roxette Senior Engineer

Shut down the server, then verify the procedural density setting is the same (between 0.5 and 1) and the seed number (0 - 65535) in all three places:

SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg
    Sandbox.sbc
    Sandbox_config.sbc

the "Asteroid Amount" setting should be 0 or unexpected results may occur, because Keen - although I've never seen that cause a problem.

5. Amorean

Amorean Trainee Engineer

Thank you! That worked the settings where not saving to:

Sandbox.sbc
    Sandbox_config.sbc

They did save to:

SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg

Also the Seed values where very helpful, thank you again!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.