1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

No stability with rope and rope drums

Discussion in 'General' started by Jack Rost, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jack Rost

Jack Rost Trainee Engineer

I Just think "let's try this again" after I see new update to 0.7
    "...improved block placement along with structural integrity and stabilized physical constraints (ropes, catch blocks, etc.)."
    https://imageshost.eu/image/AQv
    Nope. Rope doesn't have friction, and drum just pop up when you build it to close to blocks axis.

2. Lupinemaxx

Lupinemaxx Trainee Engineer

If you are talking about stability when placing like the pic in your link....yeah.....that would be new. Rope drums have been problematic for a long time now. Connecting two drums together has never functioned properly. I know rope drums are on the Dev teams 'to do' list.

3. Theurgist

Theurgist Trainee Engineer

When you put a rope drum directly onto a catch block it freaks out because their geometry overlaps. If you put a Timber/round timber 1 between them it's fine. Or use an extended catch block. The trick to getting them to attach to a catch block on the other side is to leave a gap, so it's all in place, catch block, timber 1, drum, the gap & other catch block. Then when you put the connecting timber in attach it to the drum and it should auto-connect to the last catch block. It's a big pain to do. Could use work for sure.

.. mrrm, actually can't remember exactly which side it's happy to connect to, so if placing last timber 1 on drum fails, try attaching to the catch block to fill the gap and autoconnect to drum. Be ready to pull it back off if you see it start twitching or get forced to the side

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lupinemaxx

Lupinemaxx Trainee Engineer

All I know is that it's something Keen has been battling for a long time now - there has been rope drum issues for quite a while. Be optimistic and keep reporting issues; when the day comes when it all works like a well oiled machine we can say we watched it grow.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.