Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Non-Programmer asking Programmers for script

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Cetric, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cetric Junior Engineer

Needless to stress once more I am a complete idiot at modding or programming and I think I never find access to this barren world of code.
    Hence I have to ask knowing people to make real in coding what I need for my creations in SE.
    Here is such request.
    --
    Situation:
    An artillery platform on pistons is expanding, on push of a button, from the bowels of a ship for bringing cannons into firing position.
    Task:
    I want to trigger lights, an LCD and an accoustic warning when the piston group is set into action. When the platform has reached its final position, lights and accoustic warning are supposed to be switched off again, while LCD message is still displayed. Optional: same for the return movement back into resting position. While platform is fully expanded, no lights or sound activated.
    Could anyone write me a script here which I could feed a programmable block with? Or whatever you tell me is necessary to start this?
    --
    Names in use (without parentheses) are:
    - "VCBC Bottom Artillery Bunker Door" = the group of pistons used here, zero meters when resting, 7,5 meters when expanded.
    - "Bottom ArtBunker Illumination" = group of interior lights used here, already set in red and blinking mode
    - "Monitor 028" = name of intended LCD for displaying the message, great if message could be pulsating.
    - yet unspecified sound block, maybe use "XXX" as placeholder in your script.
    What else is needed? Timer block, several programmable blocks? Please specify.
    --
    Thank you for finding time and interest to solve this task. It's a mighty battlecruiser, I may need more scripts later for some functions (she has many protector shutters for weapons or various propulsion elements which ask for automatisation once you decide to switch things)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.