Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Medieval Engineers Notice about food stacks in update 0.6.3

Discussion in 'General' started by CptTwinkie, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

This is a community service announcement for Medieval Engineers. In the upcoming 0.6.3 update (it won't be tomorrow...calm down) we will be rebalancing some of the food. Specifically the stack size will be reduced to 5. This applies to prepared foods but not gathered consumables like berries and roots. If you load a world from 0.6.2 with larger stacks of food your stacks will be reduced and you will lose food. Prepare your stacks ahead of time if you do not wish to lose your food in 0.6.3. This has been a Keen community service announcement.

Thank you.
    ~The Keen Software House Team ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lord Seth Trainee Engineer

thanks for the heads up. May I suggest you announce this via the in-game news box? So the information reaches all the player base and not only the ones that check the forums

3. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Thanks for the suggestion. Anything that goes in the game news or through social media has to go through a series of approvals and I'm not able to bypass those, even for this simple message.

4. TheBoot Apprentice Engineer

Okay... Not a big fan of this change but whatever. Right now I'm assuming Bread is also included in this list along with the cooked stuff like Goulash and Mushroom Soup?
    I'm also assuming this will have no effect on 3rd party mods since they seem to set their own stack sizes for their respective foods.

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

This is all correct

6. TheBoot Apprentice Engineer

Thanks. I've redistributed all my food to not exceed the upcoming limits. I can agree that a stack size of 30 is a bit ridiculous, but going down to 5 seems a bit draconian.

7. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I've been testing it a lot. It takes some getting used to. I have to grab a new stack of food more often but otherwise it's enough food to play with. I recommend trying it for a while after the update. Once you've adjusted to it you can provide feedback if you still think it's not enough. It will be much easier for us to increase stack size. It is only destructive when we reduce it.

8. echocharlie6 Trainee Engineer

Also assuming flour bags and raw deer meat are also not subject to this change, is that correct? Thank you.

9. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

deer meat no, flour bags yes

10. echocharlie6 Trainee Engineer

Thank, glad I asked. Would have lost a lot of flour then.

11. TheBoot Apprentice Engineer

Wait... so flour is being reduced to a stack size of 5 as well? I don't see the point of this. Flour is refined wheat but it's not a prepared meal, it's still only an ingredient and its stack size is 15, not the 30 of other gathered item so it's already less.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

You took the time to announce you are updating the food, so reduce your food stacks....

But you didn't mention, oh, by the way, we will be updating the way wood looks, so after this update *all your structures won't look the same anymore*?

Really?

That would have given people a heads up to prepare/save their game version. Who cares about food stacks?

Why didn't you warn us you would make such a broad sweeping change?

This announcement is just like putting salt on the wound, because I would rather give up my 50 Mushroom Soups in order to have the buildings I worked on for weeks look the way the used to before A Player Reborn.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

You can go back to an older version of the game at any time using the betas tab in properties.

14. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

I have already tried that (and requested a version in the beta tab pre-A Player Reborn, in the most recent change log).

There is no recent version that is *not* a variant of A Player Reborn. (which has an archive of a fix, and a 'last week' update)

The only other is 0.6.1_patch_03 which has broken floors (missing right corner variants, flickering foliage, and no log walls).

You never archived the Christmas version of ME (where you added log walls).
    You didn't separate that version (which was relatively stable, and had fixed the flickering foliage) before releasing A Player Reborn, where you changed all the wood.

So, there is no previous version for me to go back to. I was using log walls.

It baffles me that you would announce you are changing soup, but you didn't disclose that you are changing every wood block, including planks. It gives people a false sense of security, that a) there is an announcement about food being changed, which leads to b) there are no other changes, or else they would tell us, which leads back to a) these guys care enough about us to tell us they are changing soup, which ultimately leads to 'they are not changing anything important'.

When in fact this update rewrote an entire set of blocks instead of just adding variants of new blocks "that match better".

15. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.