Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

NPC AI Ideas

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by xtreampb, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. xtreampb Trainee Engineer

Hello all,

There are quite a few threads about NPCs and AIs. I like the idea and I have the skills/resources to code such a thing. To help plan this project I am taking ideas. If you have an IDEA for an AI/NPC system, send me a PM. Sometime next week I'll compile all the ideas together and create a poll for the community to vote on. I will try to order the implementation of each variation of AI/NPC based on popularity. I will break down each aspect of the descriptions sent to me to be voted on. If you have C#/C++ programming skills, please PM me, as this is no small task. I will be asking for graphic designers later on once we get to developing NPCs. Nothing is guaranteed at this point in time. Only an attempt can be made at developing this.

2. Dequire Apprentice Engineer

This is probably an obvious thing, but what would be great is random wandering groups of AI in pre-built ships that you can join/follow with a simple UI communication system that comes up whenever you come close to them.

3. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Sounds good to me, and Dequire's idea is good too, and AI faction groups, infiltration enemies that can steal your ship, resources , etc, maybe a theme, starwars, farscape, Babylon 5 , predator, for the ships, you might need ship builders !

4. halococo Trainee Engineer

What about merchant ships/stations ? I like the "diy" parts building, but I feel like with hostile npc's it could be handy for quick patch jobs if you lack the construction materials to build parts yourself.

5. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Whenever you need models, or animations, let me know.

6. davesoft Apprentice Engineer

When a player lags out in a FTL incident (leave cockpit while exploding and megalag) there is often a clone of them left behind.
    This clone never moves or changes state, but is otherwise an astronaut...

This gives a glimmer of hope. An astronaut can exist with no connection to a player, and the 'network conversation' doesn't freakout and the reconnecting player, who gets a fresh body.

My theory of creating a virtual player and moving them around from the host's end may have some reality to it...

Still diggin,
    -Dave

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.