1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Object limits and factions

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by JumperVII, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JumperVII

JumperVII Trainee Engineer

When factions are implemented will there be a way to set limits to how many objects are limited by the creation of the different factions actions. For example, side A is mining a pit that has uranium. Side B just started on a massive project to get to some iron 40m from the surface. As both are mining side A starts losing a lot of uranium because side B has created a lot of wasteful rocks as the limit is reached.

2. Leadfootslim

Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

This would be a useful toggle to have.

3. Dwane Diblie

Dwane Diblie Trainee Engineer

4. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Master Engineer

Not to spoil this suggestion but i guess a player-related count would be better as with factions you could run different outsourced factions and thus circumvent the limitation.

Other than that i agree, a total limit is bad for any big server as rocks are generated waaaay too fast for even 5 people concurrently mining with bigger ships imo.

As alternative objects could be limited per "chunk", so lets say pay 100x100x100 m³ space volume. That way you only limit it regionally, giving widespread mining operations more use instead of massively mining a single asteroid.

5. JumperVII

JumperVII Trainee Engineer

I like the chunk idea only I don't think this game renders chunks or if it does the entire area is the chunk. There is another voxel game based on space that when it started did chunks that you loaded in to and later made them seamless. From what I've heard from the Q&A (sadly I missed out on) adding more areas aside from the starting roids is not in there current goals aka later on and so anything chunk based might be with that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.