Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Odd GPU load/performance behaviour

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gesp_shad, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

It just means that our render engine is bottlenecking. Although, I'm really surprised that you were getting exactly 30fps without a higher CPU load. I'm really surprised that you got less performance without v-sync. I almost wonder if you have v-sync enabled in your NVIDIA control panel.

2. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

V-Sync is set to "use settings for 3D applications". In the MedievalEngineers.cfg I set the refresh rate to 144000 according to my display, but I only get max. 120 FPS in the game, V-Sync off. But when I activate V-Sync in the game, I get max. 60 FPS, according to my desktop refresh rate settings in the nvidia control panel. Kinda weird, huh?
    --- Automerge ---
    I just set the refresh rate in the .cfg file to 60000 and toggling v-sync in the game seems to work properly now, at least.
    --- Automerge ---
    The reason, why toggling V-Sync ingame were not seem to apply immediately was, that the bottlenecking grid was still rendered. Once I was flying far away enough and waited a couple of minutes, it "decayed" and perfomance got better instantly.
    Anyway, I was doing the same test as before again, and got slightly different results:

3. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

So that 120 fps limit seems a bit arbitrary. I suppose we could bump it to 144.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.