Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

One possibility with Multiplayer, Warping, and a Passive mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nari, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nari Trainee Engineer

What if servers could be created as space stations, which players can visit by warping from one to another?
    You have your ship, and you may be able to visit different servers with it, just by warping.
    I'm thinking maybe no large ships, or limited size ships, or maybe the servers won't allow ships which may slow down the server.
    About the warping thing, it may cause discussion, so it depends on many factors
    - If the game is place inside the Solar System, there should be no warping. Or maybe, just the choice of entering servers without going back to the main menu. I think this is the most realistic option.
    -Depending on how technology is advanced in the SE's, it may be possible, with effects and everything. This could be even an arcade feature.
    The idea is to be able to travel around these places. Maybe just going far outside the server area could allow you to enter another server, just flying straight from one to another.
    One more thing, is that in the servers you should also be able to activate a passive mode. The station would usually have it activated, unless it is supposed to be attacked.
    Many players may not want to have their ships destroyed. So, when you activate this Passive Mode, you may not be affected by guns, you may not be damaged by collision, and maybe not be affected by any external forces. And also have your weapons deactivaded. Pretty much like an PvP.
    That's all ^^

2. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Passive mode would piss me off. I don't think I am alone in this.

3. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Agreed, this would only work on a creative server as a setting.

4. Grim Apprentice Engineer

It would be best for creative servers, I agree. But I would never play on a server that did that.

5. tomxp411 Apprentice Engineer

I think passive mode could be a server setting. And yes, I'd support the idea of a passive/no damage mode.

As to jumping from server to server... that's being discussed in a thread on server "hives." Both of your ideas have been proposed, and I think either one would be nice to have.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to take your current ship to another server, but the problem is that it's too easy to build up a massive ship on one server, then use it to go start a reign of terror on another. The answer to that is to only allow transfer to servers by permission, and any server you could transfer to would have to be running the same ruleset.

Here is the current thread on server hives and server jumping.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.