Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

OOC [OOC] C2: Against the Coming Storm

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by FatalPapercut, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Revoke Apprentice Engineer

Took me a while to write that up, sorry 'bout the wait. Looking forward to figuring out how this all happened, and the inevitable accompanying wild finger-pointing.

2. Anoth Junior Engineer

Hey Xen, Is the Aristotles Comm active or also dead when Varra makes her calls?

3. Xentor Junior Engineer

The system is working just fine (The Aristotle is fighter-sized - It was only down briefly)... But there's so much interference that no one would hear her.

4. Anoth Junior Engineer

Ah damn :woot: Allright, then i get the mute Dragons over to the main hall and let them do some mambo jambo.

5. Levits Senior Engineer

Eh, wasn't going to say much on the potential "EMP" effect of the nukes. Figured just let it slide. By comparison though, any effect that the nukes would have on the local area would pale in comparison to the initial EMP shockwave from the exploding rock. They wouldn't even register as EMP from moderate distances for ships designed to operate in space (at least for the C-1 ships). Now, the actual EMP torpedoes that the C-1 uses against capital ships and the like... yeah, those would likely cause a problem.

Eh, no biggy. Minor details.

6. paswert Junior Engineer

PasCO just likes to mess stuff up.

7. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Way I see it, the rock caused an emp-like effect without actually being an emp, which is why we can justify that. A nuke in space would not cause an emp on it's own, but it's handwavable that the detonation of a nuke would cause unexpected results in the aftermath of the rocks effect on the area. If you call damage from it, we'll assume you were just close enough to get hit by it, if you don't then you were far enough away.

8. Levits Senior Engineer

could be, after taking such a blast from the initial EMP, that the PasCo ships are extra sensitive to EMP effects. The rock chunks that are flying around could have reacted with the... ok, Fatal's explination is better. "Handwavable". <What happened who knows, but expect more of it soon enough ;)

9. paswert Junior Engineer

Pretty much, I'm guessing the same medium the rock's EMP went through also worked for the nukes.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anoth Junior Engineer

Man I'm so frustrated right now :woot: if this is going on Roy will get a plain old for him adapted Variable Fighter becouse i can't build a decent new one :woot:

11. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Just a heads up. My next post may not come till Sunday. Using my cell isn't going to work for a full post.

12. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

Im in the proccess of writing a post Im just in the thinking stage.
    -Tateo

13. UnitedTerranFederation Apprentice Engineer

Also in the process of writing my post, but I have two questions to ask. First off, I don't think powerplants were ever mentioned anywhere officially. I may be mistaken on this though, so I'm just wondering if we're still on nuclear, if we've gone to fusion, or something above that. Doesn't matter immensely, only that current generation UFPS ships need a hell of a lot of power for the Tear Drive. Final question - I stuck to my guns quite a bit earlier while in the process of writing the Ark Royal description, in regards to it being able to withstand environmental factors. EMP's are a bit different, and while I don't want to bring them anywhere near full functionality, I'd still like them operating maybe to the degree that they can launch fighters and have basic internal communication. Unable to maneuver, communicate effectively outside of morse code, and with only the barest of weaponry, barely capable to defending itself. Reasonable enough?

14. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Nuclear reactors were still in use at Styx, so as of current day they're still considered the norm. I imagine there would be some prototype fusion or fission reactors out there, but the tech is certainly not widespread among the average galactic community.

As for your ships, I think at this point you'll be fine with what you describe above. Pretty much everyone that's posted regarding the damage has restored that same level of minimum functionality, so you jumping in at this point with those same functions is fine with me.

15. Kovendon Apprentice Engineer

Hello again, all...

I apologize for being so far removed from all of this, all of the fun going on in the RP. But most of all, I want to apologize for not communicating to you that life had gotten busy for me.

Simply put, the free time I had between things seemed to get shorter and shorter, and as time went on it was harder for me to catch up with all that I had missed here. I hadn't even turned my PC on for most of this time. I am working my way through all the posts I missed up until now, and I should be caught up soon.

Things have settled down now that I've hit a milestone at work, and I have much of my free time back again. I will do my best to not let this happen again, at least without doing the respectable thing and communicate what's going on...

16. Anoth Junior Engineer

Welcome back Kov ;) You missed quite a bunch of stuff.

And Ashen :) There was no Dragon Ship that got destroyed. Only the Pilot of Diamond 4 got killed. The Fighter itself is still operational even though it won't move by itself anymore with the Damage it has endured.

17. paswert Junior Engineer

PasCO uses diesel generators on some of their ships just 'cause.

18. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if you had a few running on steam engines, or one with just a guy named Phil running on a giant hamster wheel to generate power.

Come to think of it, the Philectric generator would come in real handy at a time like this. Hmm...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Oh, right. Updated to reflect reality.

20. Levits Senior Engineer

A little late to clarify this, but the C-1 wouldn't have detonated a nuke that close. They would have targeted objects that were far enough away and were large enough to warrant use (though smaller debris would indeed have been created.). I can work with this though...

But yeah, the actual detonations would have been set at a minimum of 100km or more (whereas the actual act of diverting a large chunk of rock would have had to occur outside of 1000km). Anything within 100km is regarded as friendly-fire and is too close to use due to the radioactive fallout. > Little link for reference: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&thid=OIP.M58b7a806c288a91dbadc7e87aef7154fo0... yet to say that the C-1 are trigger happy with their nuclear arsenal is an understatement. :D in ship-to-ship combat, it's pretty much the same to them as a typical missile. <though a very expensive missile.

eh... maybe not my best post but it'll have to do. Work is reducing my mental capacity to form proper storyline material and explanations. >_<

NOTE: The Halicrast's guns are not on active sensors. This targeting system is a passive feature and (as of now) is simply looking for the Cerberus ship. Due to the debris in the way though, this is making it difficult.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  21. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Noted, so I will not react to it as of now. Just out of curiosety what is Aiming at me, the Halicrast is a Rowen-Class Cruiser, right?

22. Levits Senior Engineer

That's the one.

You have upwards to 15 guns pointed in your direction as of now :woot: lol

23. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

Phew, and here I thought I had to worry :pbjt: ;)

24. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

I like big explosions. fun part is figuring out how to get home after all of this.
    -Tateo

25. Anoth Junior Engineer

What is it with you and destroying your only ship at the first possible moment tateo? :woot: And it wasn't just a light that was shown. The Projector shows a full 3d highly detailed hologram up there^^

26. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

alex and jason were not going into detail over the squad radio channel and I still have NightHawk ... I just have to figure out a way to fix it. Also I didn't want to continue having to write about the ship who's only purpos was getting to and from the conference. Plus bartering a ride out of system might be an interesting rp tactic ... I also want to see the people on my team break down and show that they are real people.

-Tateo

27. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

I've been working on a post for the last 3 days now and it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere, so I think I'm gonna scrap the whole thing and just angle bracket what's been happening with the FPN to get caught up.

Ugh, it's been hard finding motivation to do anything this week.

28. Anoth Junior Engineer

Haha FP, i think you just want to snipe post 500 ;D

29. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Pshh, someone else can have it for all i care, I hadn't even noticed we had that many posts already. I just want this week to be over so work can get back to normal again.

I hate holidays. Every last one of them. They can all go die in a barn fire, then fall in a hole, and then die again in some kind of barn-hole fire too, for good measure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Levits Senior Engineer

You too Fatal? I've got till the 17th of April. The company's switching to a "far more reliable" (notice the quotes?... heh, yeah) distributor and the sobs working at the old one are sticking to us because we're still under contract till then. Freakin' 12 hour shifts 6 days a week... 18hr's on Friday and no guarantee when the truck is gonna deliver the pallets. >_< I'm torn between my need of money for my gaming addiction and the sweet merciful calling of my bed and couch-potato lifestyle.

Good news is, I'll be able to afford a tractor by the end of it.

Bad news is... I just started playing Ark Survival Evolved a few days back and I might have made a huge mistake. Friggin thing is amazing :woot:

Anyways, I'll be posting Saturday or Sunday. Also, because we're now seeing inner material of the object, would it be safe to assume that the debris field (at this point) be starting to clear?

I'm still confused on the actual size of the object as well (may have missed that bit of detail somewhere). Was it Earth-sized, Moon-sized, Pluto-sized, asteroid-sized, etc./other?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.