Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

OOC [OOC] C2: Against the Coming Storm

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by FatalPapercut, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Levits Senior Engineer

oh it's getting to that point... :woot: Moving at a snails pace but eventually. The ships emergency combat system only works off of visuals and with the debris in the way (and me not knowing just how much of it is left to be in the way) it's not actually managed to get a proper look at your ship. <Well, at least now it has, but now it has to figure out it your ship is a threat or a target... and Of course Mond and the other C-1 people aboard the station have no idea of what's going on out there just yet.

2. Anoth Junior Engineer

Well If Roy would also look on the current Sensor Data he might figure something out :p

Anyway speaking of Roy i think i have something for him :woot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think he would like it in the C-1 Colors? :woot:

3. Levits Senior Engineer

Roy's got a few different windows opened right now looking at various things. I'm sure he sees the Drachenherz and it's actions, but he's currently focused on his mission to find the answer to what happened and why... Anyone else would probably be too distracted :woot: which is why he was the obvious candidate. If it wasn't for the fact that he's in a human construct, he'd probably be looking at everything at the same time; but organics have limitations.

As for the fighter... you scare me sometimes. If it wasn't for the fact that the Devs have fixed the rotors, I'd have to say that he's not that suicidal lol. Awesome job though and yeah, he'd make a few people among the C-1 rather jealous ;)

How much time did you spend making that thing? I can only imagine how long it took you to get the settings right... is the transformation automated/timer-block controlled?

4. Anoth Junior Engineer

Eh, took me a Month to get that thing together. After the one I made before wich took just 2 Hours to make O_O And for the Safety well. Let's just say it wont break unless you realy realy realy want to break it =3 The Transformation is completely controlled by a single Timer Block. One Press and it transforms from fighter to Robot mode and back so no Problems ^^ Also no Rotor was used in the Build =)

And I actualy ment that Roy could take a closer look at the life data to see what's going on with the Halicrast^^ Since the Drachenfeuer II (wich is providing the Sensor Data right now) has some realy powerfull Sensors calibrated for Combat operations he could maybe see that the Halicrast is again Aiming at a friendly target but whatever :woot:

5. Levits Senior Engineer

I'm gonna hold off on a response till Wednesday. I'll be writing a bit more than usual to speed this little bit of C-1 drama along.

6. Anoth Junior Engineer

Hey Raptor :) How would your guys know that the Halicrast is running automaticly at the moment? It was never directly mentioned to the people out in the Safezone or inside the Auditorium.

7. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Gah, writer's block. Will probably have a post up by the end of the week.

8. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

The fact that Mond is shocked and already having a lot of knowledge about A.I.

9. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

Quick OOC pole here:
    Who has AI?
    what kind of ai is it?

is it nural mapped or something that happened on its own?

JSS
    ai : paragon.
    ancient ai that was in the base that they enhabited without knowing it existed.
    Found out because of all the novels in the library about paragons was being read at the same time.

-Tateo

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  10. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

The Union's Human A.I. are, in part, designed, but their appearance and personality are cause by anomalous coding that appears the moment they are created. They also have procedural memory an often have unique skills once they are created. i.e. Bobcat already had engineering knowledge, still needed to have some things taught to him. Their more like teens and young adults when "born."

The Union also has basic A.I. for other various tasks.

11. Levits Senior Engineer

Ok, I lied. When I said Wednesday, what I really meant was some time after... maybe Thursday, maybe Saturday. Point is, I'll get it done sometime this week XP

As for the C-1 AI... eh...

The C-1 has Multiple Versions of AI. Ranging from simple software systems to complex versions that can be considered "artificial life". <Of course that is still a rather debatable term at this point.

The Automated Targeting system is an AI program that learns and develops based upon what it gathers from its target; as well as using past lessons to "guess" a proper course of action. It was built with a very strict and precise purpose and code.

The actual AI of the Halicrast (the ships AI Core) is (for lack of a better word) self-aware. It was designed and developed to interact and work with a far greater range of flexibility.

C-1 AI development started a few hundred years ago.

12. Anoth Junior Engineer

Wait wait wait wait...
    I knew there was something Fishy about Roy but... He is an A.I? oO I thought of him as an ultra-Sheldon (from Big Bang Theory) being indoctrinated into the C-1 Military oô
    Aside from that, has he realy a Human Body or is he a Cyborg oô I am realy confused!

13. Levits Senior Engineer

In due time my friend, all in due time ;)

But it is a human body... I did mention AI/human integration didn't I? The C-1 tends to blur the lines a little with who is or who is not AI... so yeah... I'm working up to the explanation.

I've got about two whole pages of JUST how, when, and why... but that's in a spreadsheet format. Story wise... it's gonna take some time and elaborate working into the RP.

heh, I'm actually kinda proud, or a little surprised, that anyone thought he wasn't just a AI actually. The illusion is complete :woot:

14. Anoth Junior Engineer

No you didn't! If you had i would be very pissed to some degree =O
    Putting A.I. into biological bodys is the Dragons thing!

15. Levits Senior Engineer

Viper 5 R-aig "Roy" (AI)(M) <Artificial Intelligence, Male ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/c-1-corporation-801st-fleet.7365970/#post-1286816163

See, I wrote it down a few months ago heh. His call-sign (if anyone ever actually used it) is R-aig. The AIG stands for AI Guardian. K-aig, M-aig, etc. Any name that ends with the AIG is an older model AI.

Eh anyways, I'm sure that you're dragons way of doing it is a little less... invasive.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that AI's from different origins would likely end up with the same idea or concept. How they go about it would be the main difference.

Come to think of it... there's a lot of idea and concept melding going on in this RP. :woot: it's hard to be original when everyone's got the same idea.

The actual idea that gave me the idea was the concept of sticking a small computer inside the brain and letting it run off of the bodies heat. <concept wise it's entirely possible (needs a bit more tech advancement; maybe by 2040 or so).

The other option is to dissect a brain layer by layer and copy the cells into a computer. Do the reverse and build a brain with the cells memory to recreate a person. Freaky, but in the world of Sci-fi it's possible. (<What's bad is that this might not be just sci-fi. Scientists studying this concept are pretty sure of themselves that it can be made to work O_o )

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Anoth Junior Engineer

Consider my Mind blown o_o
    edit: never mind i read that wrong...

17. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Dang Lev! I may need to work on some more details.

18. paswert Junior Engineer

We at PasCO believe that AIs are not to be trusted and that only direct control systems manned by real bona fide humans are the true way to command a starship, any rumours of us funding the development of full body cybernetics is entirely false. In other news we now looking for volunteers in our new super-marine program, any takers?

19. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Oh god do I have AI.

Should I list the ones here? The ones that have been mentioned?

Alexandra, the sole crew of the cruiser Deus Nihil Est. Archon, more-or-less the Academy's president. Archive, the Titanian Archive's computer system. Daedalus, the Nebula Ascendant's computer system. Artificer, [REDACTED].

They're mostly neural-mapped, though the agent programs occasionally spontaneously become sophont. AI get assigned names at birth based on what class they are at creation, which depends on both processing power and whether or not it's sophont. Of course, any Academy system with enough processing power to is designed to eventually produce sentience, more-or-less due to the fact that a different point of view is as valuable as a block of gold in the Academy (Well, gold as it's valued now. There it's just a good conductor, and looks kind of pretty. None of that scarcity nonsense), and they're trying their damnedest to become a post-material-scarcity society, where the only valuable thing will be a different point of view. Well, that, knowledge, and creativity.

Type... uh, people? Except for the autonomous agents, those aren't sophonts. Or the larger (A-class, higher B-class) AIs, which can tend towards Culture minds.

They're trying, at least.

20. Levits Senior Engineer

Gonna have ta break it down into smaller responses... and posts. Got the layout, just not the timing.

And Pas,

Dear (telemarketer), we regret to inform you that we are (not) interested in your product.

(Telemarketer response selected) If you do not immediately cease all attempts to contact this number and fail to remove this number from your network, we will be forced to respond with military force, followed by economic sanctions, and liquidation/vaporization of your assets...

Oh... It's you again, please hold...

Thank you for your cooperation. The intercontinental ballistic missile that you have ordered will be arriving on your doorstep shortly. Have a nice day :woot:

21. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

@Levits
    Would my strike bomber pilot or gunner (an A.I.) be able to see the Halicrast's sensor system in any way shape or form?

22. Levits Senior Engineer

For the most part, the entire hull armor is one massive antenna with little bits and pieces integrated into it for sending and receiving. Based on Japan's current advancement in computer chips out of ceramic. They can introduce metallic elements into this clay/ceramic material giving it conductive properties. (< of course this is a far earlier rendition of C-1 armor, "original" concepts, as in the C-1 in a few hundred years, has built-in solar power generation properties and stuff...<a little off topic I know :D

But as for the ships current "active" sensors, nothing is showing up right now. The ships scanners and antenna are internal and most C-1 ships use passive optical sensors for roughly 80% of their detection needs (basically by sight only). They don't send signals out unless they want to be seen. The only sensors that do not use optical detection are communication broadcasts, radar, laser, thermal, and hyperspace distortion detection systems... and really only radar is the type that can be picked up; the others are mostly passive. <All of which were/are knocked out since the EMP attack.

Now, as for the guns themselves, They operate independently where detection is concerned. Each turret has a optical targeting system equipped upon the turret with 3 cameras. They provide depth of vision and enhanced accuracy. Each turret is hard-wired to one another via wired connections that run and spider-web through the hull. Taking one turret out may leave that turret unable to detect a target, but you'd have to take every last one of them out to completely blind the ships guns. This whole system is usually overridden by the ships AI and main computer, but if ever the ship were to be incapacitated for whatever reason, it would have to be completely destroyed or have every gun destroyed.

The only thing that might be used against this system is each type of gun is setup to target objects in their class... eh, usually. In other words, the large caliber guns would only target larger craft. AA guns would target small craft. The problem is the medium caliber guns (which make up the majority of the ships turrets) target all types. But actually initializing an attack pretty much brings all the guns online...

There are more details and I could go on... but to answer your question... No, there wouldn't be any specific sensor seen or worth targeting. Just a lot of guns.

OH and since I'm not 100% sure how you would "connect" Kaig's necklace to the BRS device, I'ma just wing it.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  23. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Ok. That help me plan what's next.

24. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

And when I said (last week) that I'd have a post up by the end of last week, I meant this week, apparently. >.>

Writers block + tests = suck.

25. Levits Senior Engineer

the concept of a digital time-frame is mind boggling. I'd like to respond in a chronological order but heck :D too tired to even care.

Work + ... late nights and terrible sleep behavior = cognitive atrophy.

Anyways, the Halicrasts AF (aka Anti-fighter) guns are firing in short bursts one turret at a time. They are not so much doing it because of heat issues... it's more or less a game at this point. They are narrowing their firing pattern; getting closer and closer to the ship with every turn and maneuver that the fighter makes. They are, for all intents and purposes, appearing to attempt to learn the fighters capacities. (<figured this might be something picked up by an AI copilot). In addition, the longer this goes on, the more it will seem that the guns are leading and forcing the fighters responses.

26. Krovennan Apprentice Engineer

I apologise for being so quiet. A million and one things have been going wrong IRL and I just haven't had the time to reply to anything. Even then, I had no idea what to do with Roberts and Co after the attempt at rallying everyone kinda fell on it's face. I've got a couple more weeks of college stressing me to death, so would it be possible to get a quick OOC recap? Then I can follow things better.

Again, I am sorry for disappearing, hopefully by the summer I'll have a lot more time to work with this.

27. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Uh, People went to bed, people woke up, subplots were advanced, presentation time slots were reserved, and an Australia-sized planetoid travelling at FTL speed exploded in the middle of the fleets, sending an EMP out, knocking everything out in-system, and then things recovered, ish. One of the JSS's ships blew up, one of my ships blew up, one of the Dragon fighter pilots died, sort of. Currently one of Lev's ships (The Halicrast) are on automatic and shooting things, which displeases the, uh, everyone, but mostly the Dragons, and the Neb-U. One of the Neb-U fighters is trying to take out/distract the Halicrast's guns, and Kaig is trying to fix it with the aid of the Dragon's comms network. I think that's everything important.

28. paswert Junior Engineer

And PasCO got the wrong idea and want to kill it.

29. Anoth Junior Engineer

How do they even know whats going on when they were offline until now?

30. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

anoth is right how would they know from being offline to target them?

General OOC question.
    Would it be odd for an external keypad to be able to start up a ship?
    because it was a mining ship for use by one person so the entrence way could power up the ship for the prospector/miner?

-Tateo

Last edited: May 12, 2016
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.