Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

OOC [OOC] C2: Against the Coming Storm

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by FatalPapercut, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. paswert Junior Engineer

A ship launched a nuke with knocked them out, when they get back online a C-1 ship is being surrounded by everyone else and is firing at people at a supposedly neutral conference.

What's a man supposed to do?

2. Levits Senior Engineer

Not really. We have cars that have numbered key codes that can unlock and start your car. As long as the keypad has it's own power source (or is provided power via the pilots suite), it could very well be just enough to jumpstart the system... depends on the ship and how it's setup/designed. C-1 power plants (the tradition versions) can be started with an exterior, electrical primer charge. It's commonly integrated into the units design but almost never used... you know, just in case. But it's only got enough juice to last maybe a few seconds; more simply put, it's a super capacitor that simply discharges into the system to get the thing up and running. After that, if the main power plant doesn't kick on, it will be drained. <Good news is, they are "portable" (roughly 2ft x 4inches) and easily replaced by unscrewing them.

As for Wilhelm... though the rocks would obstruct a large portion of what's going on, the AA fire from the Halicrast isn't exactly subtle. I'm pretty sure it would be possible for anyone with good enough cameras or sensors to figure out that they are firing away. At what exactly might be a bit of a question. But the main guns have yet to fire again since they first shot off. I can see where a bit of confusion may come into play... especially if someone was drinking O_o.... but 30 seconds! :woot: yer gonna force my hand and turn me into a bad guy before we even get a chance to take on the Seshir.

Anyways, I'm gonna respond tomorrow or... at least before the weekend... hopefully. As for the Halicrast finally waking up ;) heh. yeah...

3. Levits Senior Engineer

I swear there was a lot more that I could have and wanted to put down, but the time it's taking me to get around to it would have this postponed until next week. <busy schedule.

To tell the truth though, if things had progressed differently, there might have been a few explosions. But I'm playing by what would happen following responses to the situations. In this particular case, with the BRS intervening directly, epic ship explosions didn't happen :woot: . I'm going to elaborate on the details later on in the story shortly.

4. Anoth Junior Engineer

tbh the BRS Will build a damn wagon fort around the halicrast if necessary to prevent the shooting :woot:

5. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

At this point, the Dragons are looking suspiciously nice to, uh, everyone in Academy command. Seriously. Basically everything they do raises one or more red flags.

6. Xentor Junior Engineer

It's ok... I'm sure they're actually, genuinely, just really nice peop-- err, dragons... And this is in no way a devious plot to conquer all of humanity... :munch:

7. Anoth Junior Engineer

Hehe yeah the guys that are nice and just want this conference to be an success are just there to undermine the Human society, making them depending on the Dragons like an friendly and cute addictive drug, slowly taking over everything to pave the way for the scaled sheshir overlords!

8. paswert Junior Engineer

I KNEW IT!

9. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, something like this has probably crossed the minds of one or more Academy commanders...

Actually, author's fiat, yes, yes it has.

10. Anoth Junior Engineer

*cuddles his sarcasm sign* huh what?

11. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Paranoid intelligence officers. That's what.

12. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

Kind of at a loss of how to proceed. I have 2 options 1. Wait till VI shuttle takes me out to the Nighthawk and use the shuttle docking to stabilize the ship. 2 have BRS stop the ships rotation and possibly use remote startup option.

No idea what Im going to pick.
    -Tateo

13. Levits Senior Engineer

Come one Tateo, ask the C-1. We'll stop you from spinning. :D A few well placed and timed nukes could be used to... or maybe just a little ricochet fire would... ok fine, we aren't equipped for that right now. But it could work with the proper application of FORCE.

Roll Call:

I know a lot of you are busy and all, just wondering who is still active or "playing". Summer is always a rather busy time for both work and play, so it's completely understandable. The plot/story is slowing down a little and I was wondering just how we should proceed...

-I could go on with a bit of mild conversation but... there's not much more that I can think of to go on about with the Mond and the others.

I've got a few more things to add, a response to Raptor for sure, but after that I might be taking a short break until something comes up. Eh, maybe catchup on some of the planetary base building I've been putting off lately... or adding something to that long-forgotten Space Pizzaneers thing :woot:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  14. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

I'm gonna straight up apologize for my absence here. I've been a hard line supporter of giving notice for extended leave from the RP, and flying in the face of that, I just straight up walked out and said nothing before doing so. If I can say anything in my defense, it's that I've been a part of, and perhaps the single most major contributor to, this RP for coming up on two whole years now, and I feel like something finally just burned out in my drive to keep on writing. I guess losing both DL and Mina took a harsher toll on me than I was willing to admit...I had substantial side projects going on with both of them before they left, and without them, I started to wonder what the point of the rest of it was as well.

I don't want to call it quits yet. I'm just not ready to; there's still more that I want to do in the world of C2, and it's my responsibility to make sure that you guys aren't left with the same dangling plot threads like we had back in Styx. My apologies to you in particular Tateo, even being stuck on what to do with the FPN, I shouldn't have taken so long to update the CSAR.

So, I might have to cut some corners to get back on track, but rest assured that soon, back on track I shall be.

15. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

No worries FP. It happens.

Levits, I'd love to see what ya come up with for Space Pizzaneers.

16. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

do what you need to fp.
    -Tateo

17. Xentor Junior Engineer

Wait, is Space Pizzaneers still going? I totally forgot about that thing... I had some kind of conjoined fraternal twins... Heh... Never did figure out how to drag a really good laugh out of him/her/them.

18. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

It hasn't been going since Against the Coming Storm began, but it would be fun to bring back.

19. Xentor Junior Engineer

Bobby agrees, but Bobby says-- Err, he's asleep... But yeah, Bobby said she agrees. Wait, Bobby just woke up... Nope, it was just a snore.

20. Levits Senior Engineer

Totally understandable Fatal. The RP's been running for about a year or so now?... Two or three since C1 I think. You've been here for a good while. Glad to hear from you though.

And yeah :woot: I almost forgot about that Pizzaneers thing too. Haven't touched it after it went supernova with all kinds of stuff going on...

I think last we left off on that one, there was a nuclear explosion or something in the parking lot O_o .

PS: do you people have any idea how hard it is to draw a two-headed person? I can't even draw a normal person and you stuck an extra head on someone. ;) don't blame me if is comes out looking like something from American Horror Story.

21. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

I can't wait to see this.

22. Xentor Junior Engineer

Extra head? Like I would stop there... Bobby and Bobby are different genders AND different ages (I think I had her being a few years younger). There's a perfectly logical explanation as to how that could happen... Well, I mean, I assume there is... I can't figure it out.

23. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Teleporter accident maybe?

24. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

-edited post.
    Tateo

25. UnitedTerranFederation Apprentice Engineer

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I've really been neglecting putting posts out unfortunately, mostly due to a number of issues arisen in my personal life. Along with having to put an end a very close friendship I've had for quite a few years, a personal project of my own went through a rough patch, and thus C2 had to be put on the backburner awhile. I wish I had announced my absence prior, but it was more of a gradual thing, intending to post today, then next week, and the week after that. I had asked someone in the group to write a bit with me being gone, however it seems that was never done. I still very much intend to continue the story where I left off, and hopefully from this point on my participation will be more regular. There will be a post out either today or tomorrow, depending on how long it will be and how far the plot has progressed. Thanks.

26. Levits Senior Engineer

Welcome back UTF, seems everyone's been busy lately.

And if you're still browsing the threads Fatal, I was wondering about ship designs for the Seshir. Do you have any concrete concepts on their look or design details, colors, etc. Just been playing around building a few different ships and stuff and figured I'd give it a shot to make some random ships for our potential enemy.

27. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

A few vague ideas Lev, but I haven't been in game to actually glue any blocks together for quite some time. The emphasis we've had recently on bug fixing rather than new feature implementation means that there hasn't been much reason to build anything new, much less load up and finish any of my older projects.

28. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Hi.

Just throwing out there that I'm still alive, school gets out next week, and I will be posting more after that.

29. Xentor Junior Engineer

Bleh, ok, I admit, I have no idea what's going on... Lately I've been skimming over anything outside that didn't directly affect my guys... Hard enough to manage everything inside the station... Main reason I didn't let the Viridians get involved in any of the various crises outside.

30. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

I understand. Basically, a Union Dark Gamma Jager Assualt Fighter, a strike bomber, was brought into the system by a spec ops carrier, the Dark Night, to assist the Union fleet and other, and destroyed some larger chunks of debris. It then shot at the Halicrast in an attempt to stop it from firing on a Cerberus ship and turn its attention to him, which failed. The bomber's now docked to the outside of the Maverick Unity right now. Kight asked for some answers from the Union higher-ups and now has command of the carrier for the rest of the conference.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.