Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

OOC [OOC] C2 RP Thread: Coordination

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by FatalPapercut, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

I would, actually. I'm really glad I blundered into the initial RP thread. I'd been lurking for a couple months, but past a certain point the long-runners in it began to shape something more cohesive and interesting out of it than you would have expected considering the highly unstructured nature of its beginning. I'm honestly amazed something with such small beginnings has had this kind of longevity and coherence, and everyone who's contributed deserves a danish.

2. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Well, in appreciation for all the good times, I'd like to present the following. Call it a teaser trailer for a future session down the road.

---

The old man gulped down the last of the tankard and slammed the empty mug on the table. The group; some plucky, wet-behind-the-ears crew had bought him a round, it was the least he could do to tell one of his tales. That was, after all, why they had sought him out in the first place.

"So ya want a story, eh? Somethin' about far off adventure, with a big pile 'o treasure waiting at the end, 'n the only way to get there in yer lifetime is to go off traveling faster than the speed of light? Hell, FTL's a commonplace thing nowadays. Press a button, and in an instant you're somewhere else, just as easy as taking a stroll down the street. 'Course, special power like that, 's gotta have its risks, too. There are stories... Myths, some would call them. Of starships that cross over that threshhold, into some outside realm where physics don't apply. If'n they're lucky, then end up where they were going, no harm done. But rarely though, sometimes...sometimes ships that make that jump simply don't come back, never heard from again. Written off as complete losses, cursed to their forsaken fates.

But even rarer than that, are the times when those ships reappear, dropped back into our reality 'cross the vastness of time and space.

And rarer still, are the times those forsaken ships return with...something more than they left with.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Wow. This'll be fun:)

4. UnitedTerranFederation Apprentice Engineer

Whoa whoa whoa, let's focus on blowing up the mean aliens before we have to fight off inter-dimensional demons first. Inter-dimensional demons, right? Right? Darn.

5. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Hey now, what demons? Could be anything on that ship, treasure, monsters...anything. All we have is here is just an old man telling a story, and all the legends and myths out there in the C2 universe are probably just that, legends and myths.

...Probably.

6. Levits Senior Engineer

:stare: "Event Horizon?"

With a match box strapped to the bottom of it :woot:

O_o and is that an asteroid closer to the middle? The heck is that thing?

7. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Ok, I'll give you that event horizon was an inspiration for the design and a bit of the session concept, but I managed to weave it into our lore so it won't be so obvious one the session is underway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. paswert Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

So I'm thinking of running an Age of Rebellion game over Roll20, any of you guys wanna join?

9. CruentaUltio Apprentice Engineer

Wow.
    I just read some of all of yours roleplaying on that C2 thread.
    The beginning mostly, some of the middle and what's happened last.
    Some great stuff you've done there.
    I never expected that this would become a fully fledged roleplaying game with its own lore and ongoing story.
    A shame I never made it into this, but always an enjoyment to read from you guys.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. paswert Junior Engineer

You can always join in the new session in about 2 centuries.

11. Anoth Junior Engineer

Currently Working on a B.R.S. Dreadnought or Battleship (not sure so far wich class of the two it will have later) But i can say it's already 500m long and weights over 5 million kg.
    Here a WIP Picture =)
    [​IMG]
    What do you think?

12. Levits Senior Engineer

200 blocks (500m) long in the game or 500m long in story/design?

hmm... following the past designs of your other ships... are you going to be adding anything to the mid-section (that empty space between the top front and top rear turrets)? Just from my own personal view and design philosophy, I'd have a few curved/extended pylons stretching fore and aft to provide additional defense and or to extend the gravity shielding.

Yeah, I know you didn't exactly ask for advice on it but hey :woot:

Still cool regardless.

13. Anoth Junior Engineer

It's a WIP Picture :) The GMU Pylons will be added in the end when i have the Design finished and it is 200 blocks long wich is 500m. And I think it doesn't matter if it's ingame or Story wise since my ingame models are 1:1 on the outside for the Story parts anyway =)

small Edit:
    WIP State 2 with the complete Dragon Fleet around it for comparison^^
    [​IMG]
    Has a little bit of Super Star Destroyer Feel to it :stare:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  14. Levits Senior Engineer

I'd have to call that one a dreadnaught sized vessel... or a C-1 Vespree-sized battleship ;) . Not sure from the angle, but the thing looks about 2 to 3 times longer than any of the others O_O?

:woot: and while we're at it:

This is what I've been piecing together for about a week now...

Still a work in progress (it's taking longer than expected because I'm trying to set it up to work in Survival... don't ask why. <I'm also trying to catch my computer on fire because I'm going to start testing the two "laser" cannons by turning them into stone throwers :woot: ). I'm hoping to end up with a laser-looking charging effect using gravity gens and having the spotlights making the stone/rocks glow.

I'm hoping to fix up the fleet and start adding some visuals to my posts when I get them lined up. The Bastone is good to go, the Cronos is almost done, the multi-gun corvette and support corvette are official and the fighters and bombers are good as-is. Still need to work on the redesign of the heavy corvette, the Rossetta, and Frigates.

15. Anoth Junior Engineer

Keep a fire extinquisher at hand Lev when you try the Stonethrower out ;D And the Rework looks nice^^

And you are nearly right. The ship is 4 times larger then the Drachenherz or the Drachenfeuer II (the Carrier and the Cruiser) I've put the largest Ships Front to Aft next to it and there is still more space left :woot:

16. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

On that ship, honestly, make it a battleship, even if it has the lenght for a dreadnought, it is missing the typical bulk for such a ship classification.Those ships are much for intimidation, and it does not look the part as of yet. And add some greeble! The hull lacks some detail. I think some ribbing would be nice with use of the KEEN standard half ramps.

Other than that it should fit nice in to your lineup. Maybe use one of those half round elements of the other ships to give it a bit more contour ....

17. Anoth Junior Engineer

You have to consider that my Dragons always build very small compared to Humans ;) For them this ship is massive and you haven't seen what my Dragons can do with enough firepower at hand :) Everyone should fear a Dragon Ship of the Size of a Human Battleship becouse it means it packs a punch of a ship at least twice the size. And even if it is missing the bulkiness of a Dreadnought Class Vessel it still can be considered as such when compared to the other Ships i have build so far for the Dragons.

For the Design, i am still working on it and to much greeble doesn't suit my dragons. Also the Picture doesn't pay a real tribute of the Detail what the ship has so far. And i still have to add the GMU Pylons wich will give it even more charakter in the end.

18. Levits Senior Engineer

Well, considering that it's twice the length of the Yamato, I'd say that it can easily fit the Dreadnaught category. Especially since the BRS carriers are only 1/3 or 1/4th the size. The other reason why I would consider that one to be classified as a dreadnaught is the fact that it's really the only one with multiple, visible turrets. And I can only guess that the BRS gravity manipulation shielding system's strength is increased based upon ship size and the amount of space available to add additional equipment.

The C-1 though would officially classify the ship by its size which at 500m would put it into the cruiser/heavy cruiser range regardless of offensive or defensive power. <defense and offense (as well as a slew of other aspects( does influence the categorization, but not nearly as much as the size. Visual link to sizes: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&thid=OIP.M93581c7744e8b12ba87ef0f6f2e9cbf7H0

The Vespree is about a 1 mile long ship, not including the width and height (<roughly 1,500m. For reference to the Star-trek fans out there, it's 1/2 the size of the Borg Cube and about as long as the Starwars Star Destroyer.) But that's why it's considered a Heavy Battleship (aka Dreadnaught). C-1 builds large and doesn't include weight simply because space is weightless. Material is a trifle matter with automated and advanced industrial operations so the only thing that really counts for them is the actual size and what you can fit into/onto it. <Heh, I've got a few "official" dreadnaught designs for the C-1 but they wont be making an appearance in the RP for balancing and lore reasons :woot:

19. Anoth Junior Engineer

I just classify it as a Dreadnought^^ Everyone will do it different and i always wanted my Dragons to have a Ship they can call a Dreadnought^^
    Speaking of wich, here is the next Batch of WIP Pictures!
    I have added the first pair of GMU Pylons to the Ship as well as the main armament of the Dreadnought.
    I still have to build lot on the aft Section and i also must add the second pair of Pylons for the GMU System. It's coming together well don't you guys think?^^

20. Anoth Junior Engineer

A new WIP from me =) This Time it's a light assault carrier^^ Still need to do some exterior work and find a place for the GMU Pylons

21. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Need to throw this ship out there. I was saving it, but I kind of need it know.

Class Name
    Nighthawk-class carrier

Class Type
    Carrier

[​IMG]

This ship may or may not be to scale. Also, it has none of its weapons are on the model in the pic.

Notable Ships of the Line
    The carrier Dark Night was heavily modified with a jamming systems and sensor absorbent materials. The carrier served as the home base for the Union "Dark Units," Dark Alpha, intelligence, Dark Beta, advanced special forces, and Dark Gamma, spec. ops squadron. The Night was also never registered to any one fleet, but was under the Master Admiral's command.

Historic Notes
    The Nighthawk-class carriers were firs produced in 2134 as a combat carrier for the Unions updated fleets, most often serving as a flagship for a battle group. While some thought that the 32 craft naval compliment was to small, they had not considered the size of the Jäger's that would be place in them, and the more armored build that it possessed.

The craft first saw action 2140 along with the other new vessels and soon cemented its position as a valuable asset for the Union Navy.

Special Features
    Composite ceramic armor
    Tachyon-based communications
    Multiple EM sensors (spread over hull)

Armament
    4 gun turrets (AP, Flak)
    8 Flak guns

Compliment
    Naval: 32
    2 Dragon Dropships
    10 Jäger Assualt Fighters
    20 Astrocobra Fighters

Marine: 26
    8 Dragon Dropships
    4 Jäger Assualt Fighters
    16 Astrocobra Fighters

Dark Night:
    9 Dragon Dropships
    1 Jäger Assualt Fighter
    12 Astrocobra Fights

22. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

Righto, as promised in the Gathering Storm OOC, and pertaining to my withdrawal from the C2 games, here's an overview of how I had planned the story to pan out under my direction.

And that ends the story of the Sheshir. From the story of umad41, who had little idea of how to properly work a large alien fleet, through over two years of development transforming them into something worthy of being a real menace to the human race. There was...not a lot to work with back then.

So...what do you think? Any questions left unanswered?

23. Tateo13TTV Junior Engineer

WOW... and i thought the csar were just someone you made up for me... welp ... what a shame that we didnt get to play through this master plan.

24. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Wow! I never would've guess all this was planned!

25. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

26. Xentor Junior Engineer

Wow, I only knew about the first bit... Didn't realize you had planned that far ahead...

27. Levits Senior Engineer

1: Do I still get to destroy Unclean Xeno Scum?
    2: Can I still have one of my characters eat one of them? <Hey, technically it's not cannibalism!

28. FatalPapercut Senior Engineer

1: I'm afraid that's completely up to you, now.
    2: I'm reasonably certain that "unclean xeno scum" is the third to fourth most ordered topping at Space Pizzaneers...closely following behind "exotic undergrilled banana slices", "double-extra-quarter-half-cheese surprise", and "dear god let's order from absolutely anywhere else."

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

That does seem accurate, yes.

30. SF-1 Raptor Junior Engineer

Agreed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.