Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ore broken/buggy in the new update.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jauld, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jauld Trainee Engineer

I was enjoying my building/mining montage for the last few days when suddenly this shiny new update dropped, and now for some reason it seems like the ore model has been swapped with the ore debris effect that appears while you're mining.

The large hold-in-your-hand sized boulders? yea, those are not retrievable now, fade away and the tiny ones are now the lootable ones. On top of that I can't even loot most of the tiny ones, I have time to grab maybe two and then they all fade away (When I've mined enough to normally have like 10 rocks on the ground)

I've heard alot of people rag on this game, but I have to say I've quite enjoyed it until this.. please fix it soon.

2. nielsss Trainee Engineer

I have the same problem.
    Only stone seems not to have this problem, ores are just nothin when mined.

I quite enjoyed playing, but now I rage quited. So much fun when you also pay for your dedicated server...

3. nagashud Trainee Engineer

Same issue here;

4. Rokisha Trainee Engineer

Got the exact same issue. Just started a new game a few days before the latest update. Guess it is on hold until this issue can be fixed.

5. wesahw Trainee Engineer

Mining anything with left mouse causes many ore to spawn. Out of 10 on the screen maybe one is real and can be picked up. Very frustrating, not to mention the new visual updates are way to "shiny", making me nauseous. This was such a great game...

6. Jauld Trainee Engineer

for anyone who is sharing this problem or having other problems and would rather just play the previous version, on steam you can go to your game library, right click on space engineers, go to properties -> click on the Betas tab, (Which should be the last one) and click the dropdown menu. Select 1.185, which I believe is the last version before this poorly tested monster came out.

7. Cattasraafe Trainee Engineer

Just confirmed ore Dark spots with a streamer and on my own game. Really hoping this is a bug...... Its bad enough keen teased us with an engine that runs off Ice and now they take away ore spots?

8. MalueMan Trainee Engineer

I've had a lot of fun playing with my friends in the last few days, but this new update has made them not even want to play anymore. Drill mining is FRUSTRATING in 0 gravity now that the ores are tiny farts, indistinguishable from vanishing debris. Also I'd like to throw in our distaste for the massively darker colors and overly glossy filter over asteroids and rocks.

9. Grimly Trainee Engineer

Mining on planet is indeed a nightmare.
    No more ore spots, debris are bigger than actual rocks, small rocks are impossible to grab (that's not a mini-game I want to play).

10. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hey guys,

ore spots: fix is a part of the minor update 1.186.1

rocks: already fixed in 1.186.033

11. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

1.186.301: Right click mining giving me huge ghost boulders that flood my screen with crappy diffusing effect when they vanish. Left click mining gives lots of hand held sizes but same as other, i can only grab maybe 1-2 of them, others are the ghost/debris rocks. As for the dark spots missing, im iffy about it, gives a challenge but same time dont like that much of a challenge.

12. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hey,

right click mining giving you debris (intended) but the boulders should be smaller.

We will fix it in next major release. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

Awesome! Yea, i knew we are suppose to get some debirs, in the past the debris was smaller than the collectable ore, now they are huge!

14. Sinbad Senior Engineer

and how long do we have to wait (and put up with this) for that? seems like something that can be included in a minor...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pologoalie8908 Trainee Engineer

Rolled back to 1.85 and issue is not there

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.