Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ores detected, no ores when dug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DarkRubberNeck, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

Hmmm strange that I scrolled through 4 pages of different bugs and I couldn't find this bug. I started a map, the one where you start with only the atmo lander. Everything seemed fine. After a while I detected ore and went to it. Dug down. Nothing there. My tool pointed at empty air I already dug through, but no resources. It is a bit hard for me to play if I cant find any resources.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wiremcc Trainee Engineer

Dito same here , can't build a base without resources , it's game breaking

3. Prime Trainee Engineer

Huh, I guess I'll have to give this a go with the lander later on and confirm. Any idea why? You just go straight down or did you take a journey?

4. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

First I merged blocked and solar paneled my ship. Un-merged it and flew off. Eventually found ore deposits. Dug. Empty. Cried.... lol

5. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

we are investigating it right now. Thank you for report. :)

6. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

Thanks Phand. I was so excited to be finally playing planets. It was kinda frustrating that I cant play without ore :p

7. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

What I found surprising was that one ore patch said it was uranium and I coulda sworn that you guys said there would be no uranium on planets

8. MainTango Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm the same thing happened to me with uranium and gold so far. Haven't tried any other ores. I'm also playing the Star System scenario.

From the changelog:

rare doesn't mean none at all ;)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  9. xorionas Trainee Engineer

Same here. Multiple deposits resulting in nothing. Manual mining. Happened with uranium (130m deep... tunneled there for nothing)

10. Nimrod Trainee Engineer

Would like to add I'm finding this very common (as in, nearly every deposit I've found on earth easy start, starting from just an atmospheric lander). I read that the deposits do exist nearby, but no luck so far personally confirming this.

EDIT: all mining done with the hand drill so far. Ore detection overground coming from a small ship ore detector on a buggy.

EDIT 2: Ore seems to be generating in very thin horizontal layers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  11. Prophet 2 Trainee Engineer

Same here. The ore does exist, just not where the marker says exactly.

I use the hand drill (nothing over 50m below the surface) dig down as steeply as I can near the marker and I am now hitting ore every time.
    The ore is always in a very flat plane and you will miss it if you don't dig down on top of it.

12. Prophet 2 Trainee Engineer

Same here. The ore does exist, just not where the marker says exactly.

I use the hand drill (nothing over 50m below the surface) dig down as steeply as I can near the marker and I am now hitting ore every time.
    The ore is always in a very flat plane and you will miss it if you don't dig down on top of it.

EDIT: I currently have 4 Uranium deposits near my base.

13. Nathn123 Trainee Engineer

this isnt a bug guys the ore spawns in the area around the node not always on the node , you need to dig around it

14. DarkRubberNeck Trainee Engineer

I just realized something. I spent ages flying around searching for ores. Not once did I find a lake of ice.....

15. Casazzo Trainee Engineer

Same problem here.

I even build a battery powered flying mining vehicle, so that i could mine bigger areas .... and now the mountain under my lander (star system scenario) looks like swiss cheese. Detector tells me, there should be iron and uranium .... but i found neither. I Tried tunneling up or down or sideways. Nothing so far.

16. Nobodyhasthis Apprentice Engineer

You looking in the wrong place. Best guess is 60 meters off target but some might be missing altogether. The bug report is right here Ore in planets

17. Tyrantissar Trainee Engineer

I found the ore detectors be horribly inaccurate, like the ore detector told me there was iron in one location, but it turned out that the iron deposit was like 20 voxel's away from where it told me it was....

Also the ore detector told me there was a silicon deposit and it missed again by 20 voxel's under where the silicon was it instead of 20 voxel's beside it like the iron deposit... I am confused at the inconsistencies with the ore generation on planets and how thin the ore veins are compared to asteroids with huge clumps of the same resource.

18. Thunderwaves Trainee Engineer

I have the same Issue. I placed a warhead and blew it up to see if I can spot any ores and I was able to see them. But as soon as I walk towards them they start to disappearand I get only rocks. Something is wrong...

19. Darkmagic Trainee Engineer

i posted this issue a few days ago, thread is http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/ore-on-planets.7373136/#post-1286881928

20. Nobodyhasthis Apprentice Engineer

21. druppi Apprentice Engineer

the detectors are some kind offset, you need to find the closest point ....
    when ur ore detector on your ships shows something .. don't stop immediately . Lets say the Ore is 50 meters away, keep moving and drop the distance more ... 48m.. 47m.. 38m at one point the distance
    it will increase again that's the place to mine.

And don't use the hand drill to detect ore it will not work, build a Antenna on the detector Vessel and enable broadcasting on the Ore Detector.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.