Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Out of memory

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nickolay, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nickolay Trainee Engineer

Good afternoon. on the computer installed 8 Gb ddr4 + the game creates on the SSD another 20 Gb paging file (mode at the choice of the system), and when I play the game periodically freezes something that loads, through the task manager you can see that the SSD on which the paging file is loaded to 100% file swap for example 8gb then the game crashes with an error about the inability to start the graphics card driver (helps either reboot or through the control panel turn off the GTX1060 6Gb device and turn it on again)

sorry for the quality of the picture is a mistake after the crash of the game. and in the message itself in the third paragraph, the last word (ПАМЯТИЮ) is what can памяти?

Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

@Nickolay Your image doesn't show. You may need to repost that jawn.

3. Nickolay Trainee Engineer

tell me where to upload the photo?

Thank you.

4. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer

@Nickolay I'm not sure what you're using to capture screens... Usually I just take a screen with F12 and upload that screenshot to my online steam library, from there you just have to make sure you get the actual image URL from steam (open it in your screenshot library, then actually click on the image to pop it out, and the real URL should be there.

Then just click that image button on the reply toolbar, and past said URL.

[​IMG]

Alternately I'm fairly certain you can use sites like picpaste.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roxette Junior Engineer

The image doesn't show inline on the forum page but can still be viewed in most non-microsoft browsers as the link is easily available ( http://ibb.co/iRisRn )

It's quite a blurred off-angle camera shot of a screen but even an online image translation page can get a grip of it to some degree:

Space Engineers-
    informations
    view the mar app
    Nick Appdata Roaming SpacetngineerstSpacefngineerslog:
    The problem is caused by a lack of RAM. In case,
    If would still are using 32 bit system, strictly
    an update is recommended.
    Ec Would use a 64-bit system, close the other:
    apps (especially browser) and try again or
    install more RAM.
    Please check the minimum requirements:
    http: //
    spaceengineersgame. com.
    Thank You!
    Keen Software House

In any case, from the description of the problem it sounds like it may be the well-known memory leak problem https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/1-186-4-to-186-5-memory-leak.7400380/

6. Nickolay Trainee Engineer

message itself in the third paragraph, the last word (ПАМЯТИЮ)
    It's all clear the word itself is not written correctly! not ПАМЯТИЮ a ПАМЯТИ. The last letter is superfluous! ( Ю )

but otherwise everything is fine, I hope that the developers will fix the memory leak in this wonderful game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I can confirm we are working on a lot of optimizations. Performance should get better in general but mainly on planets.

If it is happening in some certain world you can upload it and we will test to see if there is something we are not aware of.

Thanks!!

8. Nickolay Trainee Engineer

9. Zhiila Tester Staff

Thanks, I've sent it to our programmers to look at it.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.