Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Painting Blocks

Discussion in 'General' started by Defcon, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Defcon Trainee Engineer

I understand that a "feature" was added to stop people from "griefing". The feature disallows anyone to "paint" a block that was not created by them.

I think that if you are in a faction with someone and the "share with faction" is ticked, then we should all be able to paint regardless of ownership so long as the above specifications were met.

It's funny I can place a block on my faction mates deck, and build it as a pink block but cannot change the color once finished. If I am allowed to build on their deck I should be allowed to paint it as well.

Am I missing an option somewhere that can disable the "anti-grief" feature?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

I think this feature is bugged. I can't even paint my own ship. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's not even on the same grid on single player.

3. CiberX15 Trainee Engineer

Same. Faction members should be able to paint faction ships. Also definitely seems buggy when playing with multiplayer. My friend started a ship and could paint it. Then I added a battery to the ship so it wouldn't despawn, and it seems to have transferred ownership to me. I guess because it was the first block with a control panel on it? In any case now my friend can't paint his own ship. Only I can.

This is super tedious. When we are working on a ship together if someone places a block of the wrong color only one person can fix it. Otherwise we need to grind the thing back down, pick the right color before placing then weld it back up.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Maybe it is the beginning of a new trade system, get paid to paint your buddies ships!! :) Seen this reported so I am sure it is a bug that will be addressed soonish. :)