Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Periodic CPU Spikes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PrioroftheOri, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PrioroftheOri Trainee Engineer

I am running a dedicated survival server with a 21 max pop (No more then 10 people are ever playing at once)
    Its a procedural world but still has a 100km limit. It does have quite a few asteroids around the starting area.

The only major big base in the server right now is my factions and even all the turrets and lights have sensors to turn on only when an enemy comes near by (which hasn't happened yet so they have been off the whole time) and most of our stuff is off.

There isn't very many bases in the server yet by other players and the ones that are-are very small/incomplete.

Floating objects is set at 50.

There is quite a few refineries running though but it doesn't feel like their effect is associated with this type of problem.

the spikes started a couple days ago and were much farther apart and have grown closer together in a periodic pattern over time till now I have this:

http://imgur.com/8zNw8bF

What could be causing this??

2. radam Senior Engineer

Have you restarted anytime in between?

3. PrioroftheOri Trainee Engineer

A couple hours ago I had to turn the server back on. Last night my server provider changed my world into a procedural one when it originally wasn't one and they didn't turn it back on. Though I have tested this method on several other worlds and servers and this has never happened from it.

4. PrioroftheOri Trainee Engineer

5. PrioroftheOri Trainee Engineer

Now my server is maxing out on RAM usage but the CPU is slowly dropping. It's steadily maxed out and nothing excessive is running on the server.

6. radam Senior Engineer

Restart?

7. PrioroftheOri Trainee Engineer

I have tried that...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.