Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Phoenix Approved - One Modpack To Rule Them All

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by iN5URG3NT, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Trozzo Apprentice Engineer

My suggestions are purely aesthetical rather than functional, but I miss them so much building vanilla only lately

Corner Lights
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530693136

Button panels
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=445980520

Slope LCD panels
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421640222

Armor ramps and Armor Panels should (the "reworked ones", that are not outadted) be a must to have since thanks to those blocks you can create shapes otherwise impossible on the same scale.

About OKI's, the original ones are outdated since may 2015, but the Oki edited (DX11) are updated constantly:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520712849

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@Trozzo

Corner Lights - Very Nice, but we do have to try to keep to the essentials to save space.
    Button Panels - We have Tristavius' buttons
    Slope LCD - Yes, I'd like at least a couple of these if we can, but again, there will have to be sacrifices.
    Armor Ramps/Panel - 3x1x1 slope and corners are in, as is 2x2x1 corners. They are the most useful IMO. Panels, while useful, can be substituted by catwalks/windows to some degree. I know this because I've seen the epic hangar on the Akagi!
    Cheers for the heads up on OKI and thanks for the feedback!

3. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

we can include slope LCD along with Azimuth open seats, as you suggested.

Kolt console add the whole thing. it might be somewhat large but always worth it when making your bridges look realistic and not like a child's playmobil set

4. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

Oh, and I'm all for the rover cockpit.

6. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

So many of these mods make me wonder way Keen hasn't done another "Darth Biomech cockpit" and add some of these as stock. I generally avoid mods, but as time goes on, restricting myself 'stock' blocks seems more and more like tying my hands behind my back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

So what about the ladder mod?

I know I could definitely save a decent amount of space on some of my ships with that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. noxLP Junior Engineer

I've read all the thread and I have to say that I would really like seeing this pack in the workshop, even as a standard for something like "almost vanilla" ships, i only would miss 3 mods:

- XPAR toiletries. Since it's more compact than the ones in Eikester mod, and have a realistic 0 gravity versions of it and an ordinary shower, i like it more than Eikester's ones for toiletries.
    - One of the several DX11 versions of Uncleste's offset doors. Right now i almost can't live with offset doors, they're SO useful. And you don't need all the fancy new doors, just the vanilla ones with the offset.
    - The smaller turret of OKi weapons, could be the 23mm? It seems to me the most similar to a proper point defense system that we can have right now.

I agree ladders are useful, i use the mod continuously, it would be a nice addition but not strictly neccessary i think.

9. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

the compactness of XPAR is nice, but from what i see in his video i prefer the aesthetics of Eikester. XPAR looks too early 21st century ;)

the other mods are fine with me, i don't really have much opinion there except OKI where i would say a proper PD system would definitely be nice rather than spamming un-reloadable interior turrets as i have done in the past. The others i'll let Surge decide what he wants to do with them.

10. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Hey guys, sorry for lack of updates, I was building a ship for the UESC contest and then I started a Cruiser, well, you all know how this game eats time right? :)

OK, loads of great suggestions, but I think our biggest enemy is bloat. No disrespect to any mod creators, I love what they do, but I originally envisioned the pack as filling in the gaps in vanilla rather than as a means to include loads of mods. Therefore IMO we need to include only what we really want and only one version of each block. For example, take the 23mm autocannon from OKI, I love that gun, any one ever sequenced the fixed version? Crazy dakka right there. The problem is that as a small caliber, rapid fire weapon, it is not particularly different to the vanilla gatling turret and so, IMO, it is not a necessity.

Let's try and move this on a bit. I believe we should try to finalize a couple of categories before we move on. Weapons and Flight seem relatively straight forward. If I've missed something important, let me know.

Weapons:

Here's an idea of how I think weapons should work, feel free to disagree.

(L)arge Grid, (S)mall Grid. Small grid versions of weapons less powerful than large. Resource requirements should scale with damage.

Turrets:
    Interior Turret (L) - Anti-Infantry/Point Defence - Happy to include a conveyed version, please provide link
    Gatling Turret (S/L) - Anti-Small Ship
    Missile Turret (S/L) - Anti-UFAC/Patrol Boat/FAC/Corvette
    50mm Cannon Turret (S/L) Anti-FAC/Corvette/Frigate - Slower to turn than missile launcher, slightly lower RoF, bit more damage, faster projectile.
    122mm Cannon Turret (L) Anti-Frigate/Destroyer - Slower to turn than 50mm, lower RoF, more damage, slower projectile than 50mm.

Larger Caliber turrets should be built by players. All hail Clang.

Fixed:
    Scatter Cannon (S) - Anti-Small Ship - Higher RoF than Gatling Gun, similar damage, lower range, inaccurate.
    Gatling Gun (S) - Anti-Small Ship
    Rocket Launcher (S) - Anti-UFAC/Patrol Boat/FAC/Corvette
    Reloadable Rocket Launcher (S/L) - Anti-UFAC/Patrol Boat/FAC/Corvette
    50mm Cannon (S) - Anti-FAC/Corvette/Frigate - Lower RoF than missile launcher, bit more damage, faster projectile.
    122mm Cannon (S) - Anti-Frigate/Destroyer - Lower RoF than 50mm, slower reload, more damage, slower projectile than 50mm.
    230mm/250mm Cannon/50mm Railgun (L) - Anti-Ship of the Line - Low RoF, High damage, slower projectile than 122mm - This one needs a decision as we only really need one. All have pros and cons. Take a vote?

Flight:

I think we have Thrust, Gyro and Jump Drives sorted, but piloting still needs looking at.

Ion Thrust:
    Small and Large as before. Unless you want to buff the small grid or nerf the large grid.
    Prometheus (S/L) - Better Thrust for SSGLs, allows faster small large ship variants, but increased power consumption will force you to sacrifice other features. Great for mid sized large ships such as Cruisers.
    Titan (L) - For moving the largest vessels. Can be used for faster mid sized variants, but again, power consumption will force you to sacrifice other features.

Gyro:
    Gyro Upgrade Module: Just out of curiosity, have you ever met a player who didn't think this should be in the game? Improves larger ship handling, decreases polygons.

Jump Drive:
    Classic JD as before:
    Expediter - Smaller, but Shorter range and possibly not as efficient
    As yet unmade Small Grid "Blink" Drive - 9x9x6, expensive, inefficient but gives the ability to SSGLs to jump short distances. Meant as the centrepiece to a SSGL Drive Room.

Piloting:
    This is going to need careful consideration, but we do have some common ground

Azimuth Flight Seat - Taking the place of the small grid vanilla flight seat.
    Slope LCD - IMO, we need this if we are using that seat or cockpits will be a bit boring, but not all variants.
    Fighter/Azimuth/AIS Cockpit - While I like the Azimuth cockpit and the sleeker look it can give, I'm not sure it is different enough to the fighter cockpit to warrant inclusion. Ditto with AIS.
    Rover Cockpit - Now this does offer something new, a better view below the pilot. However, I'm struggling to think of a military use for it and I think a future Civilian/industry orientated supplement pack is a good idea, so it could go in with that. However, if you guys want it, I'm not against it.
    Command Consoles - Ok, I like these, but here's the problem. All of the mods with lots of parts are going to use up quite a bit of space, this is more of a problem in Structural/Decoration, but also with Kolt's Command Consoles. That being said, I would take all of these over some of the variants in other packs. Can we consider these to be in, but if things start getting out of hand we might have to cut some out.

So, what do we think? If we can nail these two categories, perhaps we can start to put something together?

11. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

So, whats the agreed upon mods so far?

Honestly the only things I would suggest 100% are below.

• TVSI Messhall / XL Thruster / Hex Windows / Jump Drive / Catwalk & Stairs / Banner Packs / Airtight Hangar Doors
    • Kolt Command Console pack.
    • Eikester's Decor (Beds / Plants / Toiletries / Couches)
    • CSD Weapons (Id say all)
    • OKI Weapons (honestly only one I think I would use would be the 23MM Defence Cannon)
    • Small Ship Mega Modpack (Vanilla blocks only / no need for Arc Reactor )
    • Digi's Half Block / Hinges
    • UncleSte's Armor Panels (Dont really see a need for the armor ramps)

Honestly, not sure what else I would suggest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

So when is the official pack coming out?

13. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

We've been working on it today, should be a complete list up soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Really hate ta be makin' yer job harder, but I notice dat deh reason fer some mods not makin' it in is just ta reduce dah size of dah G menu, so how about mods dat replace/fix vanilla items?

: Mods that replace vanilla items :
    Fixed Small Ship Turrets Collisions - fixes the stupid hitbox on small ship turrets
    [Mexpex] Atmo Thruster Revamp [Full Replace] - makes the atmo thrusters look more industrial and less like plastic.

: Alternate power solutions :
    Wind energy / Windmill - adds wind turbines that generate energy.

: Mods I didn't see in the last list :
    Digi's Half Block & Conveyor Hinge

• Like Like x 1
  15. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

Here's the final block selection for the large grid, I hope I didn't miss anything. We may add more later, but this is what we are going with for now. Yes, Glass should probably be in Structural and Cockpits in Flight. :) What you can see in this picture:

Structural:
    Harag - Blast Door Sections - Limited Selection
    UncleSte - Armor Slopes - 2x2x1 and 3x1x1 only - Heavy and light
    Digi - Armor Slab - Heavy and Light
    Tristavius - Interior Wall - Bottom Only

Weapons:
    Okim - Oki Weapons - 50mm and 122m Cannon Turrets
    Ninja Pirate - CSD 250mm Battlecannon

Flight:
    Darth Biomech - Titan Thruster
    Tristavius - Prometheus Thruster
    Tristavius - Expediter Jump Drive
    Keen Software House - Gyro Upgrade Module

Mechanical:
    Tristavius - Airtight Hangar Door - Corner, 1x and 3x only
    Digi - Hinge

Aesthetic:
    Eikester - Decorations - Single Bed, Double Bed, Bunk left, Bunk right, Toilet, Shower, Sink, Benches, Plant, Shelves, Pool Table, Table Tennis
    Tristavius - Mess Hall - Limited Selection
    Tristavius - Catwalks and Railings, Warning Catwalks, LCD, Buttons, Banners
    Tristavius - Hex Glass - Exterior only
    HappySushi - Slope LCD Panels
    Kolt - Command Consoles
    TumbleTV - Azimuth Open Cockpits

The small grid list should be ready tomorrow. Then it'll be time to start asking permission.

16. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Hey everyone. Sorry if it's a bit late, or for that matter if my opinion has any validity here, but before the small grid list is finalized I'd like to make a quick lobby for Digi's wings and Uncle Ste's armor panels.
    They're both incredible mods that - while not entirely in line with vanilla - add an incredible amount to the possibilities of small grid construction (or in Digi's case, the entire game) for very little in terms of aesthetic or G-menu clutter.

Edit: Also, if possible, some sort of small ship door (Phoenix's seems like the simplest option) would be incredible to work with.

17. RageMasterUK Apprentice Engineer

Radar Mod

18. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Sorry guys, we're not adding anything that chages the game like Aerodynamics or BlueG Radar.

Panels were a maybe, but we are trying to get things done. Might get added later.

Sorry for the delay on the finalized small grid list. I will post it as soon as I get around to it. There is a door included.

19. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

The only thing I would add would be the TVSI interior wall replacement.

Unless of course that was added and I just missed it.

20. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Yep, it's in there, check structural.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

But of course. TVSI is one of the corporate illuminati. how could you doubt that we would represent them?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

:( I missed it.
    I do apologize.

23. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

So... no railguns or cover walls?

24. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

the railgun and CSD battlecannon both have very similar damage profiles, thus only one was chosen. (CSD makes da louda dakka)

cover walls are seen as unnecessary since we are getting railings from the TVSI stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

26. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

So... no official small ship pack?

27. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

You're a hard taskmaster aren't you!? :D

Don't worry, it's on the list, it'll be up soon (TM). ;)

28. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

*cough armorpanels cough*

Excuse me.

But whenever you get it up man. We all appreciate it :)

29. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Booop

I just want some good guns, good aesthetics, and some g** d**n Digi's blocks.

30. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

One day I may get this together, but not soon. It's a lot of work and SE changes too frequently for me to commit that much time to something that will probably regularly break. Maybe in Beta. Sorry.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.