Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Phoenix Fleet Systems - Wyvern II Carrier

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

technically each of these tanks are droppable, as they are all capable of flight.

2. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

working on a new cargo ship utilizing our recent toys granted to us by KSH:

[​IMG]
    All automatically sorted, with the white storage acting as either overflow, or pre-processing (this is where most materials will be inserted into the system)
    Uranium gets routed straight to a separate storage in the back with the reactors (with a choice to cut off reactor draw from that storage)
    Ice gets routed straight into oxygen generators and pumped into a separate conveyor system following the length of the ship
    LCD Screens display the individual inventory types of each container

3. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Wow, that's nice. Makes you realize how complicated block logic + gets compared to using a sort mod/sort script though.

4. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

i enjoy the block logic though. i love being able to see everything function, not just have it all performed by invisible programs. plus, gotta fill all that space with something :)

5. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Yeah I hear you. Had my main production megaship not had it's storage and production blocks laid out prior to the update I probably would have used block logic instead. I probably still have the volume but the cargo architecture probably wont allow it since it looks like you need to use ejection/collection to make it work fully right?

My current project is a massive lcd array that summarizes cargo hold items.

6. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

yes, the connector/collector setup is necessary for auto sorting. otherwise there will be no pull on the resources in the general containers

how would your project differ from the auto-config LCD script?

7. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

Not sure it's any different, I'm just modifying an existing workshop script to parse through every single container attached to the grid, sum up all of ammo, comps and ingots, color code it and list it in an attractive, well laid out manner over multiple pannels, with a well designed interior etc.

Also trying to add in flags that prompt user to run assemblers once levels drop below a certain amount.

In the long term I wanted to be able to read a blueprint, determine comp requirements, check vs inventory, automatically assemble missing stuff and then automatically send all the required comps to a very large construction ship via renaming cargo containers and leveraging sort mod.

Not sure if the latter is even possible since I'm nowhere near there yet, still working on the inventory aspect.

8. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

sounds nice, especially that last part would be very useful. you should see about contacting the author of LCDs and maybe work towards it together

if not, let us know when you have it as i'm sure alot of people will want such a script

9. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

and the finished product:

[​IMG]

Huginn Industrial Cruiser

Mass: 5,344,821 kg
    Length: 222.5 m
    Acceleration: 2.72 m/s^2
    Storage (in terms of Large Containers): 4 Ore, 4 Ingots, 2 Components, 4 Ammo, 2 Uranium, 2 General
    Oxygen Tanks: 23
    Connectors: 12 (6 per side)
    Crew: 8

The Huginn was developed as a next generation all-purpose cargo hauler. Unlike its predecessors, all cargo is automatically routed to appropriate containers, ensuring that everything is easily organized and contained. Similarly, each cargo section has its own separate connector, so that exact resource types can be extracted easily and automatically without fear of drawing in unwanted cargo.

Because the Huginn was designed for long voyages throughout Phoenix space, it was also built with comfort in mind for its crew, and contains all the necessary liveries and oxygen to support void lifestyles. It is recommended, however, that one does not pressurize the cargo storage hallway unless necessary.

10. Sungur Apprentice Engineer

11. mhalpern Senior Engineer

Did you replace the connector/collector setup with the auto pull? Could give room for a bit more capability.

12. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

not sure what you are referring to. did they add an auto pull block?

13. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

I think there's an option in the sorter for a pull setting. Not at home ATM so I can't look, but I could've sworn that was in a video a couple weeks ago

14. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

ah yes, i had discovered a "Drain All" option on the sorters while building the ship. but since i missed that in the update notes and had already built the connector system, i just figured the system was working and drain all was something else. oh well. the ship works either way, that's what matters.

15. mhalpern Senior Engineer

True, I think (don't quote me) the Drain all on the sorters may be slightly faster, or more fluid, but as it works, that could be something to do for the next iteration.

16. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

updated the cockpits of each of the Wasp/Mantid/Stingray series fighters to allow for oxygen flow through the conveyors. because i couldnt add tanks or generators without extensive redesign, you will have to use oxygen bottles for your oxygen supply. i also took this opportunity to switch out the landing gear for the Mantid series, making them faster and lighter.

Future fighter designs will integrate the new oxygen systems more extensively.

17. Reaver119 Trainee Engineer

I'm loving the Nova. I always enjoy seeing non-military designs, and the large-ship-on-a-small-grid technique is a particular favourite of mine. Great work!

18. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Piranha Strike Fighter

Mass: 34,605 kg
    Acceleration: 25.23 m/s^2
    Weapons: 3 Autocannons, 4 Reloadable Rocket Launchers
    Storage: 13 Small Containers, 1 Medium Container
    Connector: 1
    Oxygen Generators: 1

The Piranha was developed to be an aggressive all around fighter capable of handling both small and large ships with equal ease. It features the latest fire synchronization technologies, allowing it to fire both autocannons and rocket launchers in rapid succession, with the option to fire them all at once as well.

Living up to its name, Piranhas were developed to fly in packs and hunt down larger ships. They sometimes are used by the Navy to wait in ambush for large ships to fly through. Due to the extensiveness of such missions, the Piranha was given an Oxygen Generator so that pilots could continue to produce their own Oxygen while out in the field.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Pulsar Corporate Yacht & SRY - PLS Pulsar Strategic Reconnaissance Yacht

Pulsar Corporate Yacht

Mass: 229,149 kg
    Longest Axis: 52.5 m (wingspan)
    Acceleration: 15.24 m/s^2
    Power: 140 Small reactors, 4 Batteries
    Storage: 5 Medium Containers
    Connectors: 1
    Oxygen: 4 Tanks, 6 Generators
    Comms: 2 Antennae, 1 Beacon

SRY - PLS - Pulsar Strategic Reconnaissance Yacht

Mass: 228,076 kg
    Longest Axis: 52.5 m (wingspan)
    Acceleration: 15.31 m/s^2
    Power: 140 Small reactors, 4 Batteries
    Storage: 5 Medium Containers
    Connectors: 1
    Oxygen: 4 Tanks, 6 Generators
    Comms: 2 Antennae, 1 Beacon, 3 Laser Antennae

Officially, the Pulsar was developed as a corporate yacht. In comparison to the Nova, the Pulsar carries more cargo, and has more advanced oxygen systems for longer travel. However, the Pulsar trades some of the Nova's luxury for business, including a conference table and work desk, and is overall more cramped than the Nova. However, the Pulsar is enjoyed by many corporations because of its ability to go farther than the Nova, and its greater effectiveness in atmospheres.

In reality, the Pulsar is little more than PFS's stripped-down, civilian version of a top secret reconnaissance craft developed for the RIA (Republic Intelligence). The SRY-PLS was developed using the latest in surveillance and communications equipment, as well as the latest in stealth technology. The increased cargo and oxygen supply of the Pulsar (as opposed to the Nova) was included specifically so that the RIA could take it further into the void and tap into enemy communications. Laser Antennae allow the Pulsar to send communications over long ranges without fear of them being intercepted. Batteries allow for silent running to avoid detection through reactor emissions. Even the shape of the Pulsar was designed to have a very low radar cross-section, lending itself naturally to stealth.

NOTE: since SE currently does not allow for oxygen pressurization of small ships, I have, as a workaround, included small cargo containers in the walls of the bathrooms and the business/surveillance suites where you can refill your oxygen bottles.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Trooper298 Trainee Engineer

Wow, that is genius! I mean, a Yacht originally developed in secret as a reconnaissance craft?

21. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Damm, that is a thing of beauty! It's a big one too - that wing spawn is wider than a lot of my big ships!

22. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Man. That Pulsar looks awesome. Need to check it out tonight.

Wish I could build large small ships. Can't seem to ever make a design I like

23. Conradian Moderator

@Swanicus I'm with you there Swan. It's hard enough for me to even design a large ship I like these days.

24. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

it all starts with inspiration. I wanted to build a Horten 229, but my first attempt failed and i scrapped the whole ship. i then went looking for similar designs and found this

[​IMG]

cut out the fuselage, remove the engines, and give it a sleeker tail (like the horten) and there ya go - a pulsar

main point is: look for designs anywhere, and mix up elements to get what you want

• Like Like x 1
  25. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

For a while now i've been wanting a more geometric version of the Phoenix logo to use for insignias, etc. However, I was never able to produce anything i was satisfied with.
    i went for a bit of a different direction on this one, doing just the head of the phoenix rather than the whole bird.

What i may do for this image is transition the other Phoenix symbols into ones that represent the republic alone. The blue Phoenix that is my avatar is already meant to symbolize the Republic, whereas the shield symbol was symbolizing Phoenix Fleet Systems. What i may do instead is have the shield used to represent the Phoenix Navy, and begin using this symbol exclusively for Phoenix Fleet Systems instead:

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think. Is the new logo fitting? Suggestions? Criticisms?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Conradian Moderator

@Lord Commissar I like it. I like it a lot. I also like the idea of using this for PFS because it moves them away more. The shielded Phoenix is a lot like the blue phoenix which fits for the Republic and its Navy. It's a nice touch to give the PFS a more differing logo.

27. DaePrice Apprentice Engineer

I think it looks cool. From a branding perspective, I think its distinguishable enough. Another good thing is if you import the geometry into SE, it should fit on one block.

28. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

this is another version i might go with instead. captures the sleek look of most of my ships alot better:

it also heavily reminds me of something that i get the feeling i am completely copying. However, i cannot recall what image i am thinking of (anyone?) oh well...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  29. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Here is what is (hopefully) my final rendition of the logo, along with a more simplified and industrial version:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. Howitz Junior Engineer

Nice logo

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.