Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Phoenix Fleet Systems - Wyvern II Carrier

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

been at this for the greater part of today so i won't be doing all the screenshot and description write-ups for publishing until later. However, you can expect this on the workshop sometime tomorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

3. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

done

[​IMG]

Shadow Unmanned Hunter-Killer Corvette

Mass: 477,454 kg (with torpedoes), 424,630 kg (no torpedoes)
    Acceleration: 14.5 m/s^2 (with torpedoes)
    Length: 65 m
    Max Jump Distance: 2000 km (1 drive)
    Payload: 5 LARP Torpedoes
    Cargo: 8 Small Containers
    Connector: 1
    Batteries: 4
    Oxygen: 1 Tank, 3 Generators
    Hydrogen: 1 Tank

Crew: Unmanned, with the option of 1 Pilot

The Shadow was developed as a more mobile and quick-response version of the Akula cruiser. Using the latest in torpedo guidance systems, the Shadow can warp into enemy territory, disable ships from long range, and warp out before they can respond.

In most cases, Shadows are unmanned, as they often rely on prolonged ambush tactics, sleeping in enemy territory until the time is right. However, this limits the Shadow's operational range to allied broadcasting radii. To realize the Shadow's full reach potential, a Shadow can be manned by a single pilot, allowing it to operate within its entire 2000 km jump range.

Laser Assisted Remote Penetrator - LARP

Mass: 10,565 kg
    Acceleration: 29.3 m/s^2
    Battery: 1

The LARP is the latest in remote guided missiles, allowing it to precisely disable targets at any range so long as the host ship has a line of sight.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Howitz Junior Engineer

He's back!

Tho I would like you to try my idea for a laser guided optic torpedo, for a 30km range, it's not something to neglect. Anyone willing to try that while I'm away and can't work on it? Whiplash maybe?

And I noticed whiplash missile heads to where tou aim the camera, that's all good but you have to maintain line of sight with your vessel. And what happens with an ennemy at 20+km? Will you miss because of the zoom not being precise enought or will the torpedo correct herself toward a target if you aim off-center?

My idea would be a missile frigate hiding behind an asteroid, 25 km away from target, releasing a laser antenna drone that would have direct l.o.s to target, then releasing a laser antenna equipped optic guided, stealth, decoy equipped, remote controlled missile, which could achieve a 30km range while being linked to the hidden ship by the laser antenna drone.

That was the next step after building my missile... before my computer died :'(

Also dont forget the connector block connected, landing gear locked, small ship hybrid cargo/welding/projector system included in the big ship for building the missiles on the spot, in the missile bays themselves. Ask carnivore if you need help for that.

Also sorry if I just revealed the next phoenix shipyards XERcorp armament development secret on the entire forum :-D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

I realized today that the workshop version of the blueprint did not include the missiles, even though the local version of it did. I can't seem to figure out why, so i have produced the blueprint of the missile to go along with it, and then a world file that has the ship and all 5 missiles pre-loaded.

Missile Blueprint

World Version for Full Loadout

Apologies to anyone who downloaded the blueprint only to be disappointed by a lack of dakka.

6. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I limited the range to 10km on purpose, any further is just silly but if you really want to, go to line 71 of my code and change the number ;) That range is technically infinite but I needed to limit it for lag purposes.

7. Howitz Junior Engineer

right, but your aiming mechanism? what about aiming a missile from the base ship crosshair at 30 km?

8. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

The base ship crosshair is shit and inaccurate and I have it turned off. The missiles will hit at the exact center of your screen when aiming from the targeting camera; my program aligns them with the forward vector of your ship's targeting reference block (which I have purposefully aligned with the targeting camera). When aiming at extreme ranges, I suggest placing a beacon on the missile so that you can judge the range better and keep track of where the missile is in relation to what you wish to hit.

9. Howitz Junior Engineer

right but what do you think about my laser antenna, remote control, optical guided missile idea? so there's an actual player piloting the missile up to 30km away?

10. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

The Arms Race continues. Just in time to bombard your planets:

*warranty does not cover actual usage in atmosphere*

[​IMG]

Phantom Guided Missile Destroyer

Mass: 5,575,207 kg
    Acceleration: 4.43 m/s^2 (with boosters) 2.28 m/s^2 (normal)
    Length: 215 m
    Max Jump Distance: 897 km (2 drives)
    Payload: 10 LARP Torpedoes
    Permanent Armament: 2 Missile Turrets, 8 Gatling Turrets
    Cargo: 48 Small Containers, 2 Large Containers
    Connectors: 5 (2 Per Wing, 1 Main Connector)
    Batteries: 27
    Oxygen: 2 Generators, 15 Tanks
    Hydrogen: 3 Tanks Per Wing, 4 Generators Per Wing

Crew: 5 - 1 Commanding Officer, 1 Gunnery, 1 Medical, 2 Engineering

After the success of the Shadow and its LARP missiles, PFS continued to push the technology further with the Phantom Destroyer. This ship was designed to be a more sustainable missile platform than the Shadow, with the ability to manufacture and fire its own armament in the field.

Though not as agile as the Shadow, the Phantom makes a good compliment to any fleet's line of artillery, where it can sit behind the lines and bombard enemies from a distance with great precision.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

12. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

It seems Titan has stolen the march when it comes to guided missile ships! I guess Ceres must play catch up! Another beautiful ship @Lord Commissar! Well played sir.

And that's two weeks in a row we've picked the same ship names! :)

13. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

yup i noticed that after i put the ship out lol. I guess PFS just looks to see what CEU has put out, then makes their own version :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Incredible! Those damn RIA agents are so good they can steal ideas before CEU has even thought of them. :D

That's two ships in a row without modded thrusters. Any reason why?

15. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Damn. I really need to get CDI on the PMW vessel train.

Love the way the phantom looks, I'm especially a fan of the wings opening up for launch of the missiles. Such a cool design feature.

If I can ever build a ship to your level I'll consider that a win for myself.

Gotta check this out later.

16. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

I thought your Phantom went out first? oh well. they are indeed good at their jobs

As for the unmodded thrusters, the main reason i ever used them in the first place was because of the lack of variety for propulsion/no fuel systems/no high powered engines/etc.

now that hydrogen engines exist, i am satisfied. i'm also trying to cut back on mod usage, so i decided to just straight up throw out every functional mod i use. all PFS ships will be balanced with vanilla ships, even if they may have different aesthetics.

oh it's a nice feature with the wings, until you discover what a headache pistons can be and how fragile it makes your ship *cringe*

Pistons..... Not Even Once....

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Here are the first releases of PFS atmospheric craft:

Gargoyle Low Altitude Attack Craft

The Gargoyle was the first dedicated atmospheric craft developed by PFS. It was introduced along with the development of jet engines capable of functioning within the atmosphere of Titan, where oxidizer was burned instead of fuel, due to the natural fuel provided by Titan's methane atmosphere.

The Gargoyle is most often used to guard outlying facilities in the un-terraformed areas of Titan. Other versions of the gunship have also become popular amongst corporate police forces.

The gunship is a versatile design, with hardpoints designed to accept various types of loadouts. The most common outfit for a Gargoyle is with 1 rocket pod under each wing, but it also was designed to utilize LAARP guided missiles against any forms of enemy armor.

Gargoyle Low Altitude Infantry Support

The Gargoyle LAIS was developed alongside the LAAC by a separate design team from PFS. The two competed for a time, until it was decided that both designs were useful, and would be utilized. While the LAAC's versatile hardpoints allowed it to fit into most combat support roles, the LAIS was given a permanent armament of gatling guns to compliment its excellent hovering capability and lay down heavy fire support onto anti-infantry threats.

Laser Assisted Atmospheric Remote Penetrator - LAARP

The LAARP follows the successful LARP missile design, bringing destruction to the one place that the LARP cannot - atmospheres.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Howitz Junior Engineer

:-D can't wait to come back! Come on canadian currency! Climb more so I don't get ripped off buying computer parts :woot:

19. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

not the prettiest ship, but this one gets the job done:

[​IMG]

Walrus Low Altitude Armed Transport

Mass: 47,171 kg (empty)
    Acceleration: ~3 m/s^2 (Martian atmosphere with 1 G)
    Length: 20.5 m
    Weapons: 2 Gatling Guns, 4 Rocket Launchers
    Cargo: 20 Small Containers
    Connector: 1
    Oxygen: 1 Tank, 1 Generator
    Crew: 1 Pilot, 4 Passengers

The Walrus is an all-purpose basic transport for military operations. It is designed to ferry both personnel and ammunition to the battlefield. Although not as heavy duty as some other transports, the Walrus is relatively inexpensive to build, and runs entirely off of battery power, meaning that fuel can be conserved for more combat-purpose vehicles. Due to this lack of fuel requirements, it is also common to see unarmed versions of the craft used around industrial sites.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Salamander Utility Skiff

Mass: 52,678 kg (empty)
    Acceleration: ~5 m/s^2 (Martian atmosphere with 1 G)
    Length: 12 m
    Cargo: 8 Medium Containers Containers
    Connectors: 2
    Batteries: 4
    Oxygen: 1 Generator (for refilling bottles)
    Ore Detector: 1

Crew: 1 Pilot, 5 Passengers

The Salamander was designed to be an all purpose utility vehicles, and therefore it sees service in a variety of roles. On military bases, it is often used to ferry crew and ammunition between locations. In the industrial world, it is used as a mining skiff, where its compact frame and full spotlight coverage works well for deep core mining, where it can send materials back to the surface. The Salamander even sees some use in the civilian world as a hauler for various goods across planets.

The Salamander is completely battery powered, so as to save on Uranium costs.

• Like Like x 2
  21. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Well I guess its a good thing I decided against naming my newest ground recon salamander. :/

22. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

meh, it's stolen from 40k anyway. i'm sure Games Workshop won't mind some extra people ripping off their ideas...

23. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Titan has four new ships in a week! Ceres will not be outdone! :p

I really like that skiff BTW. Have you done anything atmospheric on the large grid yet?

24. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

no large ship things yet. i'm avoiding any heli-carriers as that idea is going to get way overdone in the next few weeks or so

i'll probably come up with some kind of heavy ATG artillery ship at some point though

25. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Love the atmospheric stuff. we really need some kind of gunship fight club to test all this out.

26. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

Just have a giant ring, and the only rule is don't touch the ground, because the ground is pure grinders and you die if you touch the ground.

27. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

28. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Sabiroid Low Altitude Assault Frigate

Mass: 1,763,478 (empty)
    Acceleration: 8.4 m/s^2
    Cargo: 38 Small Containers
    Connectors: 5 (4 below the wings, 1 on the dorsal landing pad)
    Batteries: 10 (4 solar panels)
    Reactors: 1 Large
    Weapons: 4 Gatling Turrets, 6 Missile Launchers, 1 LAARP launcher
    Drone Capacity: 4
    Oxygen: 13 Generators, 18 Tanks

Crew: 1 Captain, 4 Drone Pilots, 1 Medical, 1 Engineering

Very shortly after Titan was colonized in the late 2050s, house Verhoven (now destroyed) of what is now known as the CEU tried to preempt the Phoenix civilization from ever existing by sending a biological scourge in the form of genetically engineered lifeforms called Sabiroids. The project itself proved to be unsuccessful, as the colonists managed to develop defenses against them, and they became nothing more than a nuisance.

Still, Sabiroids became a subject of many monster movies and thriller novels throughout the Republic, and something of a cultural icon. It was this idea that PFS latched onto, combining it with the corporation's patriotism, to name a ship 'Sabiroid'. By this, the corporation hoped to create a sort of propaganda icon, using the name of the very creature sent to destroy the Republic to instead destroy its enemies.

The result was an aggressively styled Low Altitude Assault Frigate designed to wipe out enemy fortifications on planets. The Sabiroid is built to host a squadron of drones, as well as serve as a refuel and re-arm port for Gargoyle LAAC Gunships. In this way, it can launch its drones ahead of itself to take out key enemy defenses. Anything too threatening for a drone or gunship to take care of can be eliminated with the LAARP missiles that the ship is capable of producing on the field. Once primary defenses are down, the Sabiroid rushes in to hover over the enemy fortification and bombard it with volleys of rockets.

• Like Like x 2
  29. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

ooh... that's sexy.
    What's the TOT for something like that? does fuel become an issue?

30. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.