Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Phoenix Fleet Systems - Wyvern II Carrier

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Lord Commissar, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Carnifex A - ADS Battleship (Atmospheric Area Denial System)

Mass: 20,791,312 kg (empty)
    Length: 322.5 m
    Cargo: 192 Small Containers, 8 Large Containers
    Connectors: 2 (Ventral, on pistons)
    Reactors: 4 Large
    Weapons: 36 Gatling Turrets, 32 Missile Turrets, 12 Rocket Launchers (6 per side), 8 Rocket Turrets (2 Launchers each, 4 turrets per side)
    Oxygen: 94 Tanks, 14 Generators
    Crew: 23: 1 CO, 1 XO, 1 Gunnery Commander, 6 Bridge Crew, 2 Medical, 8 Engineering, 4 Security/Support

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Dear God. I just read the thread title and thought 'there's no way you got a full size/mass battleship to fly'.

4. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

well, i did :p

it's far from agile, though. basically you just plant one of these over one of your bases in order to say to your enemy "stop bothering me"

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

T
    The real question is how much uranium does it burn through each second? I would guess you need to have a substantial scouting/mining/refining operation ongoing in space. Quite an impressive ship!

6. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

on mars, idling is 57.97% power usage. according to the wiki, 4 reactors means 400 MW, and 57.97% means 231.88 MW. Since 1 hour is a straight conversion, you need 231.88 kg of U per hour.

not entirely unfeasible, but what people need to keep in mind is ships like this aren't meant to be spammed around and sustained over every base. they are last resort weapons, when you've finally had enough and want to be left alone.

7. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

Wiki is outdated, it's 300MW per reactor now, so 695.64kg per hour. Yikes. Better keep that sucker parked until needed.

8. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

latest project:

a shipyard/refuel/rearm station for Sabiroids

[​IMG]

there's 2 main bays for sabiroid frigates. i would have included more, but terrain mapping on this scale leads to tons of crashes and glitches and headaches, so yeah...
    the two towers on the left are cargo towers, feeding and receiving cargo from ships that come in overhead (in the same way that the CDI mine was made to work). there will also be control towers, obviously, barracks, landing pads for gunships, and so on to make this a complete staging point for aerial strike forces.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Howitz Junior Engineer

Thats awesome.

By the way if any of you wins the lotto think about sending me a computer so I can get back to playing the game :woot:.

Good year everyone!

10. Dragon0G Junior Engineer

Not directly over, if you're running low on fuel reserves... unless you fancy flat bases! :p

Sick ship, though. I'd be running outta there before you even deployed it!

11. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

StrF - GBN - Goblin Strike Fighter

Mass: 45,634 kg (empty)
    Connectors: 1 (Dorsal)
    Weapons: 4 Gatling Guns, 4 Sequenced Reloadable Rocket Launchers, 1 Gatling Turret
    Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 Tailgunner

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

I - IMP - Imp Interceptor

Mass: 32,921 kg (empty)
    Cargo: 1 Medium Container
    Connectors: 1 (Dorsal)
    Weapons: 6 Gatling Guns, 4 Sequenced Rocket Launchers
    Crew: 1 Pilot

• Like Like x 2
  13. Howitz Junior Engineer

Nice, atmospheric figuiers!

14. Kurazarrh Apprentice Engineer

One of my buddies stumbled across an exploration find that had roughly 51,000kg of uranium ingots. Now I know what those are used for!

15. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

Sabiroid Docks

At the height of the Europa conflict in 2104, PFS needed a base of operations for their military forces on Europa. However, setting up such bases were not viable due to orbital bombardment early on in the war. After the introduction of the Shrike III resolved this issue, and the arrival of the Phoenix Heavy Fleet in orbit established a defensible corridor for the transfer of supplies onto the moon, PFS was able to establish their base.

The installation was placed on the highest peak within Phoenix territory - a massive crater whose pit was below the typical surface, but whose edges went to the boundary of the atmosphere. This proved to be a perfect location for several reasons:

1) the location was difficult to reach by ground forces
    2) the thin atmosphere made it difficult to reach for many aircraft, limiting CEU's ability to raid the base
    3) the thin atmosphere allowed lighter, ion powered craft to descend and drop off cargo at the base before returning to orbit.

The base continued as the primary base of operations for PFS throughout the war until late 2105, when supply shortages halted many of its operations, and CEU was able to infiltrate, raid, and take the base. However, by this point in the war both sides had found themselves at a stalemate and exhausted, with Phoenix controlling most of space, but CEU winning on the surface. A treaty was sought shortly after, and the base was returned to PFS control after the war.

Features
    2 Docks designed for Sabiroid Frigates
    2 Towers for sending cargo up into ships overhead
    1 Landing Pad designed for Ibis patrol boats
    6 Hangars for Imp Interceptors
    6 Landing Pads for Gargoyle Gunships
    3 Thresher Garages
    Barracks, Mess Halls, Lounges
    The facility has a day/night mode, where lack of sunlight will turn on the exterior lights, and vice-versa

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Aw man that came out beautifully!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Looks great!

18. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

That is amazing. It's beautiful, professional level-designer grade work.

19. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

It's quite simply a work of art isn't it? Outstanding.

20. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Thanks for the feedback, guys. i knew once i built the CDI mine that i had to do something for PFS. and anything PFS makes is the definition of architectural propaganda even if it hurts functionality ;)

21. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

i couldn't let Surge have all the fun with his barracuda, so i made a dakka drone.

fortunately, mine is atmospheric so i guess they'll never be able to fight and we won't get to see whose is better. oh well... ;)

gonna try to get this out with a mothership later this week.
    it has:
    6 reloadable, sequenced rockets
    3 gatling guns
    2 missile turrets
    1 gatling turret
    ~75k kg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  22. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

the carrier and drone are both ready. should have an upload up later tomorrow. for now, enjoy a video:

• Like Like x 2
  23. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Your choice in depicting an invasion of a certain dusty, red, terrestrial planet is... unsettling...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

What I think you mean is progressive.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

both the Ketos Carrier and Shark Drone have now been released. Bring Teh Emprah's wrath to your enemies!

Shark Drone
    Ketos Carrier

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  26. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

well, it finally happened,
    elite player status attained:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  27. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Halp me...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. 3eepoint Junior Engineer

I fear you are beyond redemption...

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

Today i created the Phoenix Vintage Collection to store all the ships that have, for various reasons, become obsolete to my fleet over the years. This should clear things up for you people who message me over steam asking what ships are still worth using :p

There's still a few ships that remain in the primary collection that I would like to phase out. This will either be accomplished through updates, or (more likely) new ships that fill their role better. let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions for this list:

Mako & Manta - replace with one better carrier (perhaps a Wyvern II)
    Raptor II & Hammerhead - replace with one, more versatile battlecruiser (Raptor II can be continued to be used by TVSI as far as the lore is concerned)
    Corax Cruiser - either update or replace
    Devilfish Flak Cruiser - is it really that useful? not sure if it needs replacing...
    Skua - replace with a more versatile heavy cruiser
    I phased out pretty much all my frigates except the Naga, which is also old. Might need some new Frigates...
    Need new patrol boats or corvettes

I'm pretty satisfied with my remaining lineup of small craft, though i want to get some vanilla ones for space...

...to be completely honest, though, my OCD is driven crazy by the massive amount of craft and messiness of the collection still. I very much want to streamline my fleet and give it a better overall cohesiveness and tactical theme. therefore, if you have suggestions about themes, new ships, or think more should be retired, let me know!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

I find it absolutely fascinating that over the course of the last few years we've developed tactics and technology, and had arms races, and evolved the nature of warfare to actually make ships obselete all within the confines of Space engineers. It's just so mindblowingly cool.

Now all we need is a third world country to sell them to like proper capitalists

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.