Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Placing Block plays depressurizing effect?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CiberX15, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. CiberX15 Trainee Engineer

Hey I am hitting what appears to be a bug. I am playing survival on the earth planet in the solar-system map and I am building a base. Atmosphere pressurizing is on. Since their is a breathable atmosphere I have left the exterior doors open as well as placing open vents to the outside in various rooms. Every time I place a block, every block on the grid emits a smoke puff and a loud sound as if each one is depressurizing.

Not a huge deal but kind of annoying and I can't tell if I am doing something wrong or if this is a weird bug. I tried googling the issue but I couldn't find anything on it so I figured I would post it here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

This happens frequently for me. Large or small grid. I had a total crash from it just yesterday and decided to get a video of it. No video from that incident but very block built would cause the entire grid to play the FX it was harmonizing over my speakers then CTD.

Course I'm using the Nanobot Build and Repair System but I've had it happen when welding / grinding by hand too.

3. auge Apprentice Engineer

Yes, confirmed and this is happening for like at least 5+ weeks.
    Not only is it annoying, it is also very loud (louder than the hangar door bug which was fixed)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sinbad Senior Engineer

i have experienced this as well. vanilla game, solar system start, oxygen enabled. all i did was build a platform base. not enclosed at all, its flat and has no walls, no vents, no doors. it does have an o2 gen feeding the med bay for hydrogen, but thats it. i also get de-pressurisation effects when placing or grinding blocks.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

scared the crap out of me once when i was grinding away a medium cargo container.
    once i grinded it to a deconstructed state did the depressurization effect only it seemed to stack alot and made massive sound and you could see that little wind gust about 50 times.
    I can safely say it "w0ke me"

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

It's not only effect, but actually depressurization that sucks-out all oxygen from the interior. It's really a problem on my huge martian base.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Noy Apprentice Engineer

you can imagine how shocking it can be editing fairly a large grid then, suddenly a barrage of simultaneous air burst sound fires off, making it sound like your ship blew up! Then a few blocks later it does it again!

8. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Well... I could fairly reproduce the bug here. I'm at Creative, and my airtight room was constantly leaked when I was placing Solar Panels at my ship. Seems like the room's air was blowing out of it - but only if the room was fed with Oxygen. I cut the airtightness (kept all doors opened) and there was no leak at all. Seems like a workaround for me... At least in Creative, though. In Survival, this must be very awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I23I7 ME Tester

Unable to reproduce currently.

- Start easy start earth with air pressure ON with Survival mode
    - Opened all doors
    - Turned depressurization off for air vents
    - Started adding and grinding blocks away

Nothing happened.

Are you using any mods? If not can you send me a video or the world please?

10. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

@I23I7 what you mentioned is not going to replicate this problem. I say this because I've never had this happen after placing just a few blocks. Please review my post with the small video

Basically I dont see this until after I have a ship with at least 20 or more blocks and its powered it also must have some form of oxygen generation. Be it a vent set to de-pressurize outside air into a cockpit or a oxygen generator and oxygen tank feeding a pressure sealed enclosed space.

Power
    more then 50 blocks maybe even around 100 before it starts
    Pressurized environment with vent (cockpit or closed room)

Sort of a lot of hoops to jump through but not unlike your attempt to replicate the Connectors not connecting bug from a while back where you had to fly 50km in a ship to get the connectors bug to replicate.

I have a 191 block small grid bp on the steam workshop where I have seen this happen a couple times

I would recommend building it out so the vent / cockpit and solar panel are finished then complete the ship. Somewhere around 75% complete or sooner it will start decompressing bug, like the video. All the blocks have decompress FX play.

11. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Same here. The bug only happens when my ship's rooms are closed and pressurized.

12. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

oh.....I hate to say it but when i experienced it I had a similar auto building mod on.
    this one. same as you.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857053359
    but look i wouldn't rule that out as a mod related issue just yet...couple of other people experienced it as well.

13. othermike Trainee Engineer

I believe I can trigger this reproducibly (and it it not just playing the sound-effect, it is actually depressurizing).

- Spawn in the planetary lander in space (I did new game -> empty world -> suicide & respawn, but the method probably doesn't matter, as long as oxygen & air-tightness are on)
    - open the control panel, and turn off the oxygen generator and air vent
    - exit the flight seat, and grab the steel plates from the cargo container
    - turn on jetpack, go outside, and close the door
    - from the door's outside control panel, turn the air vent back on & wait for it to re-pressurize the lander. turn it off so it won't refill the lander
    - go to the far side of the right large thruster (the side opposite the pillars connecting it to the ship)
    - place a light armor block skeleton on that side. note the sound effect
    - place 4 more skeletons extending further out (no welding needed on any of them)
    - return to the control panel outside the door, and note that the air vent now reports a room pressure around 21%

What I suspect is happening (and this is just a guess) is that when the bounding box for a grid changes, the game recalculates rooms and oxygen, but somehow does this in a very unsafe way, so that sealed rooms suddenly develop a leak for one or two ticks. I believe I have also seen the same effect when removing blocks that change the bounding box as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.