Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Planet Modding: Height Map Issue

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DarkkSkyrow, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DarkkSkyrow Trainee Engineer

So I have just started modding planets and creating my own custom planet. I have already checked out the official guide on modding planets. But I am having an issue when it comes to getting the height maps to apply Voxel changes to the planet.

I have checked over the code and it seems fine, I have even used the vanilla code for planet generation, and still the same issue happens, the planet continues to spawn in with no Voxel changes to it. I have used different height maps and even the test maps, from the game itself and still I can't get the the maps to apply voxel changes to the planet.

I can spawn in custom planets from the workshop and base game with no issues.

Has anyone had this problem before? And if so how or what steps did you take to fix the problem?

2. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

The name of your planet is the same where the folder who contain textures and map for the planet. Don’t forget is on the PlanetDataFiles folder where the folder of the planet is it.
    The file of the script for the planet and PlanetDataFiles are on Data folder on the folder of the mod.
    Also check if the texture is on grayscale mode and test different value of Height in case to check. If doesn’t work is strange and don’t know the problem.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.