Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Planks Texture

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Timbyte, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Timbyte Trainee Engineer

Hello. I would like to change the planks texture (i find it too dark). I did made some small script mods before but nothing of that nature. I've tried to follow the modding guide on Steam, but it didnt really helped. Can someone pls give me some advice?

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

1st advice, don't follow steam guides.
    2nd advice, replace the texture, no scripting needed. Our mod system supports automatic file replacement assuming you recreate the exact path to the original file, your mod's base folder substituting for the content folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Timbyte Trainee Engineer

Thanks. One more thing: what software should i use to edit dds files? (i tried using PS with nvidia plugin, but doesnt work for most of the textures)

4. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

5. Timbyte Trainee Engineer

lol now i feel stupid

6. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

I think I use the Intel plugin for photoshop. Paint.net can also open them without trouble.

7. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

Paint.net can only open low dds (up to bc5) I think. (And I havnt found any addon that could make it do it.)

8. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Yeah, planks are new so that might be a problem.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.