Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Player Factions, Economy & Reputation

Discussion in 'General' started by sironin, Oct 31, 2019.

1. sironin Trainee Engineer

So I've encountered a problem in multiplayer that I'm not really sure what to do about.

So there's player factions A and B. B has reduced their reputation with A through various means, but would like to make amends. They're already at peace, but turrets still consider the other faction to be hostile due to reputation. Players setting up contracts and goods for sale apparently has no reputation gain for players.

So how does Faction B restore their reputation with Faction A?

Also it seems individual players also have reputation ratings within a faction regardless of the faction's reputation with another faction. Player 1 in Faction A is not targeted by space pirates whereas player 2 in Faction A is targeted by space pirates.

So why are players 1 and 2 not considered to have the same reputation, being in the same faction?

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

I suspect the answer to this is basically that it's a new game feature still in it's early development stage and will be changed incrementally over the coming years until they've figured out how they want it to work (which may or may not be the way the players want, or a sane way in general).

3. Kalantris Trainee Engineer

By killing enemies of that faction. If it's SPRT you can kill the spiders on alien planet - each one should yield +25 rep towards SPRT. If it's a player controlled faction, than I have no idea. Perhaps killing a faction which they have a negative standing with?

That generally makes zero sense, yet that's exactly how it works. Player reputation overrides faction reputation.

• Informative Informative x 1