Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Playing without a Jetpack

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Some time ago I thought I read that a person can place blocks from inside a cockpit. Try as I might, I couldn't find that thread. Can it be done? Otherwise, it's a painfully slow process to get blocks placed inside relatively large structures. Help?

2. Thrak Junior Engineer

CTRL+G. Cross hairs will change and a blank toolbar appears. Then "G" menu to select blocks and place on toolbar as usual.

The function must be turned on in world settings first. I think it is so by default, but that may have changed.

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Thanks a bunch! I'll try that.
    --- Automerge ---
    It works perfectly. Again, thanks!

4. dispair Apprentice Engineer

Dont forget that blocks and catwalks can be placed and not welded as scaffolding then ground down later. More for planets but works in space too.

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Oh, yeah. I've done a lot of that, believe me. But sometimes it's easier to do the really high stuff from a little fab bug.

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Just be sure that all the base components that you need can flow to the cockpit via conveyors; not a big deal on large grid ships... but something you'll want to think about if using a small grid ship.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, that's always a big deal, too. Ores and some components such as computers and motors will flow through the small ports, but not plates and other components.