Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Please help me ELIMINATE TREES

Discussion in 'General' started by Kobura, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kobura Trainee Engineer

I hate them. They pop into and out of view, they're ugly up close, they're obnoxious to navigate, and they literally do nothing but detract from our experience. Unfortunately I'm completely unable to delete them from my experience. If intentional, this is an incredibly horrible oversight and will probably lead to shutting down my servers.

HELP

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

It's easy to do with a mod, there is an existing one on the workshop - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823199668 but it is a few years old and may have unpredictable side effects because of changes in the game since then, although I tested it briefly and it does what it says on the tin. It would probably be better to make a new one by making similar edits to the current PlanetGeneratorDefinitions.sbc to be safe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kobura Trainee Engineer

We have to mod the game to get rid of something that's supposed to have a density slider but was removed? Ugh. Can someone instruct me on how to do this?

4. Roxette Senior Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

o.o

If the OP had said "I don't like trees. They're coarse and rough and irritating and get everywhere" then this would have been slightly less puzzling.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Gee, it seemed OK at the time... :stare:

8. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Kobura Trainee Engineer

The mod doesn't seem to eliminate trees from an existing world.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.